Macao Hills Phase 2

Anyone here purchasing in Macao Hills?  My Husband and I just made our downpayment.  Excited to get to know our neighbors and to have resources of knowledge throughout the process of development.

@mills2912

we also bought phase 2 at Macoa Hills  where are you guys from 

@@paradiselife  USA

Welcome to the forums!  Where in DR is Macao Hills???

@planner irs about 35 mins from the punta cana airport   

@crimmins1000

how do you  find the process so far.  Did you end buying a 2 or 3 bedroom .  Have you gone to DR to look at the area.  My wife and I went there at the end of September and met the real estate and the builder.  We wanted to make sure that this was legit before committing to anything

@planner are you looking to purchase 

Nooooooooo.  Just clarifying location for everyone otherwise it's too vague!

Does anyone know of a pool company in punta cana  looking to get prices on pools 

@@paradiselife

Paradise Pools does work all over the DR. Jason ran the company then 4 yesrs ago when his dad passed, tookbover ownership.  The company has been going for over 25 years. Find them online....good work and trustworthy.....if they fit you in as they have branched out to hoyse construction in the past 4 to 6 years...

Anyone else buy in Macao Hills. 

We are as of now reviewing information and discussing with real estate agent for Macao Hills phase 3.

Guys, as of now, now of these phase I, II and III and built. just an empty lot 4.5 miles away from Macao Beach.

these 3 phases comprise of approx. 500 unit. Phase 3 has 145 units. both 2 & 3 BR Villas.

close to this lot they have a cave with natural waters. and UTV excursions.

it has potential and the base prices are fair...

@@paradiselife,

We are as of now reviewing information and discussing with real estate agent for Macao Hills phase 3. USA here. Los Angeles. CA

@walter1107b i went an saw the property in September.  its a great option for the price 

@walter1107b i agree it has great potential.  my only concern is that with such a far expected date of completion, price of parts and materials may hike affecting the price for buyer. Anyone here working with an agent who can answer this question?

@Angiearias85 yes i have been working with a person named Nestor Lefeld works for puntacanasolutions and has been fantasic.  his email is nestor@puntacanasloutions.com.  we have also put in our contract about the cost not to go above 7% and the builder acceptes it 

Always have an independent attorney, who you select, review all documents before signing! i know nothing about that particular development or devrloper, but we have quite a few large developments here in LT that are practically sold out before all permits have been obtained. Two properties have the same developer but the others are different. each project is way behind schedule and most owners are still on the hook for making payments because the payment schedule was based on time rather than construction milestones!

Be very careful with anything preconsteuction here! Ask to see permits and have your attorney verify the permits are valid and all have been received! One mega-development here in LT has been shut down, possibly permanently, becsuse they began construction prior to permitting and violated environmental rules.

@ddmcghee yes i agree i have had a lawyer review and check iut the builder and everything was ok

I am currently using one of the best lawyer firms in DR, but they say pre construction projects are funded by purchasers. That is not right, as it places all the risk o the purchaser.For my part I have instructed them that  am not prepared to take that risk with my money and will walk away, particularly as the construction company does not want to justify cost overuns. Those companes do not deal in good faith as far as I am concerned. I will have to keep looking. Can anyone provide details about Macao Hills?

Is this the same project: @Angiearias85 yes i have been working with a person named Nestor Lefeld works for puntacanasolutions and has been fantasic.?

@rayc1234 i have good experience with the builder of Macao Hills.  also dealing with Nestor is amazing always has the answers.  The project looks good for the price and all the amentities it has.  Let me know if you would like to chat and and i can explain some of things we have gone through and things my lawyer has asked to add to the contract which the builder agreed to

You guys think it would possible to rent out villas in tthe macao area  has anyone rented in this area 

@@paradiselife: Yes that would be very helpful to me. Where is Macao Hills by the way and I will be interested in purchasing a 3 bedroom house.

@@paradiselife what is your conclusion about the project?

@@paradiselife what are your impressions following what you saw and if you spoke to the promoter

I'm just reading this thread, Macao Hills sounds promising...but the devil is always in the details.

I'm also interested in hearing what folks think, now that a few months have passed since the OP started the thread. 

Opinions?  Thoughts?  Recommendations?? 

My experience so far is that the construction projects (eg Mcao Hillls etc) insist on terms that favour them and lock you into terms whereby the buyer bears all the risk. I tried to negotiate more balanced terms but they were unwilling to adopt any changes.

@rayc1234 for a new construction the payments should be tied to construction milestones. this keeps everyone honest. the buyer does not have to lay out money for work that has not been completed and the builder is obligated to do the work in order to get funds.

@Harris Levinson

sometime it's not working like that but we didn't know before we signe the contract and start payment

@mills2912

I am looking to do the same

Careful, as the lists of available lots and their sizes in square meters, do NOT match at all with the lot sizes on any of the cadastral maps.

@@paradiselife

Hi did you buy the property?  How was the area

@walter1107b

Hi Walter

Did you buy ? We are thinking about it do you have more information about the project?

@mills2912

Hi, Did you buy phase 1 ?

@@paradiselife

Hi, I gave the deposit for $1000 can you give me your lawyer information in punta cana ?