Open a Business

Hi Everyone!
There are two things I would like to know:
1) How can a foreign get a real estate license?

2) What are the requirements to open a multi-services business in Santiago?

Thanks

Hi Barbie,

You do not need a real estate licence in the D.R. . Anyone can do it. If you already have a licence from another country, good for you. You will know generally how the business operates. One word of caution. Creating a legal company to do business in the D.R. will come with expensive annual legal fees and may not be worth the effort.

Its fairly straight forward to open a legal company here to do multiple services.  You do have to file annual updates and file tax reports etc.  Its a pain in the butt however it is better then doing business illegally and getting caught!

On these forums we only recommend the legal ways.  Everyone is free to do as they choose.

I would never recommend illegal business activity. However, you do have a choice of whether to incorporate or remain an individual entity. You still need to submit taxes on commissions and do your tax returns in the D.R.

If you don't open a business then you have to register with your cedula as an individual.  Either way you need to be legal.

Thank you so much for your help. I rather the legal way to avoid problems  :)

The options would be to form an EIRL (Empresa Individual de Responsabilidad Limitada) which is the equivalent of a Limited Liability Individual Company or an SRL (Similar to an LLC).