Job as doctor

Hello everyone i would like to live temporary in DR and work there as a doctor (i am neurologist). I would like to get any possible information about full process. Is here anybody working as doctor in DR who could help me? Thanks a lot.

Elizabeth

@alzbeta hluchanova Is there a consulate in your home country for the Dominican republic that you could schedule an appointment with to talk through the process? I No that is not a direct answer to your question but perhaps it's a path worth exploring

Welcome to the forums. To live and work here as a doctor is a huge undertaking. You need ALL your qualifying  documentation ready, translated and  notarized This included every course you took to become a doctor.  You must speak Spanish and pass rigorous tests.  You need to qualify for either residency OR  a work visa and find a sponsor to do this.

Depending where you got  your education and  medical license  - it can be  a bit easier or a lot harder! 

Then  as I understand it you work  at least  1 year for the state making  very very little money before you can  practice  on your own!
Sounds like another rigorous process for the DR which should would want more doctors.
@alzbeta hluchanova

Hi alzbeta

(advertising you services is not allowed)

@D T735 you cannot include personal contact information in the public forum

Sorry I have no idea!