Sad news

Hi everyone,

one of our members and friend, Lindsay, was found murdered last week.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl … 45526.html

My deepest condolences to her family and friends

Julien

Oh wow that is most defenitely sad news! May she rest in peace.

She was a good friend to many.  I sincerely hope the Dominican justice system works.  I will post updates as we know more.

My deepest condolences to her friends and family. 

Tragically Planner, I would respond to your comment about justice in the DR, but it's not the time.

I never meet the lady and my condolences to family and friends. The UK article requires a subscription and I could not read so wondered what area this lady resided in? Thank you...

2VPsoldier wrote:

I never meet the lady and my condolences to family and friends. The UK article requires a subscription and I could not read so wondered what area this lady resided in? Thank you...

Lindsay de Feliz: Missing British woman found ‘buried in shallow grave' in Caribbean
Police arrest her husband, step-son and another man, according to local media

The body of a British author who went missing in the Dominican Republic has reportedly been found buried in a shallow grave.

Lindsay de Feliz, who went missing on Tuesday, was found by a canine unit with signs she had been strangled, local media reported.

The author's body was buried in a 2ft deep hole in a wooded area near her home, wrapped in plastic bags used for dog food and a yellow sheet.

Her Dominican husband, step-son and another man have been arrested by police, according to Hoy, a local news site.

A spokesperson for the UK Foreign Office said: “We are in close contact with the police in the Dominican Republic following the death of a British woman in Mao.”

Ms De Feliz, who was in her 60s, was born in the UK and studied at Wolverhampton University and Bradford University.

She was the author of two books about living on the Caribbean island, What About Your Saucepans? and Life After My Saucepans.

The first detailed how she walked away from her marriage and lifestyle of “expensive holidays, designer clothes [and] fast cars” to pursue her dream of becoming a Scuba diving instructor in the Dominican Republic.

It also described how she was shot in a bungled robbery.

Wow, my condolences to her family, I saw the report on news but didnt know she was one of our members,  so sad.

Thank you - sounds like she was an interesting lady. May she RIP....

This was indeed very sad news about a lady who loved DR and was wonderfully helpful to many an expat including myself.

Re post#5: The family home was in Moncion near Mao in Santiago Rodriguez province and they had relocated there from Juan Dolio after the bungled robbery many years before and mentioned in the article.

As of last night there were 76 pages of posts on a thread on DR1 about her murder.  Lots of speculation and conjecture, but no matter what, she did not deserve to die in that manner.

Frankly I stay away from DR1 for that reason. My wife read her first book and we are both sad to hear this. Hopefully those responsible will be caught.

I agree.  We dont need to do a lot of speculating and bashing here. We leave that to others.

Lennox just forwarded me the info: husband, 2 sons and driver of the gua gua are being charged with this murder!

My condolences to all to knew and cared for her  :(

planner wrote:

Lennox just forwarded me the info: husband, 2 sons and driver of the gua gua are being charged with this murder!

Just wow. Not going to attempt to understand this.  :unsure
Although I am a fan of mystery shows, like 20/20 and Snapped. Most of the time the perps are desperate, stupid, or greedy. Or a combination of these.

Police should looking into the previous robbery attempt and assault.  Would not be surprised if there is a connection.

We will not be straying too far into speculation here.  Rest assured the police are looking at all previous attempts!

She was selfless!  Lindsay and I was emailing back and forth since September.  Last was 11/23 after visiting my boyfriends family in Higuey, DR.  She put so much in perspective for me and was ALWAYS there to help.  He read all our emails and feels badly too.  God has big plans for her!!!

She offered her advice willingly.   In that respect she was very very giving.

Four charged in British writer's murder off to jail to await trial

Santo Domingo.- A Santiago Rodríguez province court on Thur. ruled three months pretrial detention against the husband of British writer Lindsay Peta de Feliz, two of his sons and their driver, charged with her murder last December 10.

A statement from the Attorney General's Office indicates that Peta died at the hands of her spouse, Danilo Feliz, his two sons, Dani Alberto and José Alberto, as well as the family driver, Aquilino Rosario Sánchez (Zaya).

The detainees were charged with aggravated homicide, criminal conspiracy and aggravated domestic violence, among other felonies in the Dominican Penal Code.

https://dominicantoday.com/dr/local/201 … ait-trial/

Good to hear!  Thanks for the update!

I am no fan of the British newspaper, the Daily Mail, but their article today provides some information in relation to this very sad event that has been the subject of rumours on social media:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … n-her.html

Some factual errors in this article painting the husband as a better person then he ever was!