NEW VISA COSTS 2024?

I need to pay the penalty for overstaying in the country plus the cost of a new VISA. From the information I've found the prices are outdated plus I've been told it is also arbitrary what you're charged depending on the mercy of the immigration officer. Has anyone gone to Abassiya recently or works there and can provide an update on costs?

Note: My Visa expired in July 2023

@FranceThePsychic

Update: 11/1/23

Residence Renewal-Go to the 3rd Floor!!!

It's time for us to renew our visas. Please note that they have a new process for paying for your visas. You know will have to use USD currency or another hard currency to take to a bank and they will transfer your USD currency for pounds, you will need a receipt from the bank along with the pounds you exchanged with USD to take with you to the Immigration office. The cost to renew increased just a little. It's now $65 USD per person, but I would round it up to$70 USD to be on the safe side. Please note that you will need a receipt for each person whose renewing. The names of the persons have to be on the receipt. We were told that Banque Misr bank can do it. For example, we are a family of four. We have to show a total of four receipts with each person's name on it. I have also linked a news article that states the change. I pray that this helps someone.

Bring the following for residence renewals:

*The receipt from the bank that shows a exchange in currency from USD to Pounds, including the funds in pounds to renew. See explanation above 👆🏽.

*Completed application for renewal

*Copies of your passport ( front page, original tourist stamp and any renewal stamps) Bring at least three copies each just to be on the safe side.

*Copy of your residence cards front/back

*Lease Agreement

*Bring a passport photo just in case

*If you have children in school, bring document from school to get a one year visa extension (Make at least three copies)

*We were told to come back in a week to receive the renewed residence cards (Wait time for residence card pick up should be no more than 2 hours or less)

News Source

https://egyptianstreets.com/2023/09/01/foreigners-in-egypt-now-required-to-pay-visa-residency-fees-in-foreign-currencyUpdate: 11/1/23

https://english.ahram.org.eg/News/508759.aspx

https://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/1/2/507577/Egypt/Society/Egypt-requires-foreigners-to-pay-in-hard-currency-.aspx

@faithhope301

Thanks for sharing! If they are ultimately getting the payment in EGP, why not pay in EGP directly instead of having to go through USD to EGP? It is unnecessarily most costly.

Also, do you know how much is the fee per each month you've exceeded for your original residence card?

@FranceThePsychic

I understand and we pondered the same thoughts. I think they need the US dollar for reasons I can assumed, such as paying back debt.

@FranceThePsychic

I  am not sure of the fees for expired Visas. I think you should go to the building to get the most accurate answer.