Egypt Tourist Visa Extension Update 2023

As of 2023, when I went on February 1st to extend my Tourist VISA for 6 months, they charged me 1,950 EGP a fellow Italian traveler was also charged the same amount for a 3 months extension. I'm happy I took the 6 months is allows me to do transactions in the bank and such.

They are the same price 3m, 6m, 12m and the $25 stick in visa is a temporary 30 day visa that allows travel out of sharm. It is a pr-reqisite for the 3, 6, 12m resident visa. Last time I renewed resident visa it was 1715, so maybe prices have increased.

Hello and hope you're well

I've just moved your messages in a new topic.

Hope our members give more details about it.

Have a nice day,

Mickael

Expat.com Team

They are the same price 3m, 6m, 12m and the $25 stick in visa is a temporary 30 day visa that allows travel out of sharm. It is a pr-reqisite for the 3, 6, 12m resident visa. Last time I renewed resident visa it was 1715, so maybe prices have increased.
-@kerry96

Yes, I also paid $25 USD when I arrived in Cairo on January 2nd but renewing the VISA for 1,950 EGP which at the moment was and still is a conversion rate of $1 = 30 EGP, it is a bit hefty if you were not planning on the expense. Nonetheless, nationals from other countries such as Russia (based on a fellow traveler I met) they can renew their tourist VISA for 2 months for free!

Visa costs are usually determined through a bi-lateral and reciprocal agreement between nations.  If a particular country charges an Egyptian tourist a certain (high) amount for a visa, Egypt in turn will tend to charge a similar (high) amount to a citizen from that country.  This is a general rule.  Not scientific, not always followed.  Therefore, it's not really useful to compare costs between nationals from various countries arriving to Egypt.  Get the point? 

Can 30 day evisas be extended in cities other than Cairo?

@craigt3365 VISA entry is granted for the entire country, not just one city.

Yeah, I understand. I've got a 30 day evisa. Nice and easy process! I'll be in Dahab for a bit and then want to travel around for a month. I'd like to be in Egypt for 6 weeks. Just not sure where I can extend the visa. My plan is to work my way down to Marsa Alam.

Has anyone succesfully applied for a 12-month visa extension?

Hello lilalou123,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Do you have any plans to undertake the same process?

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@craigt3365 the entry visa covers you for 30 days but there's a 14 day grace period, so you effectively get 45 days before a fine is imposed. With regards to working your way down the country, casual work is not easy to find and salaries are extremely low, plus a work permit is required. I don't think it will be that easy.

@FranceThePsychic as others have said, the cost of extending the visa is the same regardless of the duration of the.visa. I'm in Hurghada and paid 1715LE in November to extend for 12 months and know others who have paid the same this year too. Haven't seen any posts referring to increased costs for the visa yet either.

How to have a residence permit in Egypt for Guineans?

@traceydsaunders thank you for the info

Hi everyone, where shall I go to extend my tourist visa?

Hi,

You should go Abbysia. That's where u can extend it.

Any expats living in sharn el sheikh? I'm joining my husband who works there and would love to meet new people… new friends… we can organize a get together event 🤗

Hello! This thread has been really useful as its really difficult to find up to date information on extending a visa.

Has anybody extended their visa in Sharm el Sheikh? If so, where did you go? The airport or an immigration office?

@Coffeetraveladdict

We extended our VISA at the Immigration Office. Please let me know if you have any other questions about the process.

Hi everyone, this forum is a life saver! I recently started working in Cairo and my girlfriend will join me here on a tourist visa since we are not married yet.

Once she enters with the entry visa, we can go to the immigration office and extend her visa for 12 months, do I understand it correctly? Is this a multi-entry visa, or just to stay in Egypt? Also, I will bring an arabic speaking friend with me of course.

Thanks for the information!

I've been living in luxor with my Egyptian husband for 6 months now my entry visa was for 30 days however I have only been able to extend mine for 6 months at a time

@adenadams79 Thank you for the info! How much did it cost you? Cash only?

@craigt3365

Yes. I did mine at The Gazwette in sharm el sheikh

We entered on single entry 30 day visas on arrival to Hurghada, and did extension in Sharm. Location of passport office in Sharm is in this police center.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/KssUssKYV3u5FwNR7?g_st=ic

Note there is nothing around this center, it's the middle of nowhere. On 1st floor they have photocopies for 3 EGP per paper.

You need 2 copies of your passport page, 1 copy of your entry stamp in the passport (for visa on arrival), if you did evisa before arrival you also need a copy of that.

To pay for the extension you need to go to a bank and exchange USD/EUR to get EGP and get a bank receipt with a stamp showing an official exchange and that you purchased EGP legally.

Today Feb.14th 2024 in Sharm the cost to apply was 1870 EGP. They told us 65 USD / 60 EUR which exchanged at the official rate we got 1995 EGP for 65 USD.

That bank receipt is crucial, you cannot apply without it, it is stamped by the bank. And you need 1 copy of this bank receipt as well to give when you apply.

You bring all this and your passport and fill out a form. After a bit of back and forth everything was done and they told us to come back in 2 weeks to collect the foreigner resident card.

If you need Cairo instructions this website was very helpful and actually had accurate information for the most part: https://discoverdiscomfort.com/how-to-r … ding-fines