Secure your financial assets as an expat in Sweden

Hello everyone,

As we navigate the exciting world of living and working in Sweden, it's essential to make informed decisions about our financial future.
We'd love to hear about the different investment options available for expats: how to invest in Sweden or in your home country, explore international options or use online accounts.

To kick off the discussion, here are some guiding questions:

What are the investment opportunities as an expat in Sweden? Are there any specific investment programs?

In your opinion, what are the advantages and disadvantages of investing internationally ? How is your experience with international investments?

What specific points should you consider regarding your investments as an expat (exchange rate management, international tax obligations or repatriation of funds)?

Do you use specialized banking services for expats, such as multi-currency accounts? What are the pros of these services and how do they help you with your finances?

How is the property market for expats? Are there any specific regulations or aspects we should be aware of when investing in real estate in Sweden?

What strategies do you apply to save and invest for your financial future in Sweden and/or to secure your children's financial future?

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us!

Cheryl
Expat.com Team

@Cheryl Hi Cheryl, I have been helping my clients with the best ways of taking care of there finances.

I always start with there short, medium and long term goals.

In the short term i discuss if they own a property or have plans to buy a property. If they are saving for a property i suggest a Santander account.

After i look at emergency money. 3 to 6 months of income. Again Santander is a good option.

And finally in short term i help clients set up an ISK account.

Mid and Long term depends on personal circumstances.

I hope this helps

Best regards,

Jiten