Please HELP! Changing name!

Can egyptian child change his name? He is 1 year old,and my husband and i want to name him with another name. Is it possible even by money???

im not sure if that is possible, and u can't bribe someone to change the name on the doucements it can get ur family into trouble or ur son later in the future , but you should go to the goverment agency that is related to such matter and ask.
However if it didn't work u can just call him the name u want as his own.

yeah its possible i have relative did that when he is 60 not 1 year even but how and where am not sure:D mmm ask lawyer

Changing names cannot be done by way of bribery because all newborns now are registered in the National ID Database system. It no more just depends on the paper documents/books.

Which means that a copy of the paper birth certificate you received after birth is usually sent from the Ministry of Health (the issuer) to Ministry of Interior for purpose of registering the born child on the computer system. Usually it takes 3-6 months (and you can check by going to any Civil Status office in any police station and ask to print a computer-issued birth certificate, costs 7 L.E and is printed on the spot).

It is worth mentioning a friend of mine who gave birth to a baby boy changed his name but less than a week after birth. He was lucky as he went to the local health office that issued the birth certificate and they had not sent the copy to ministry of interior yet. Accordingly they took back the birth certificate and gave him a new one. But in your case (after one year) it is not possible.

Changing a name once registration is finished usually means one of two things:

1- correcting a misspelling.

2- Complete change in name.

I assume you want the second. You will need a lawyer, and your husband - the legal custodian of your child - would need to sign a proxy to the lawyer to enable him to file a lawsuit on your behalf to change the name.

Once the name has been changed you receive a certificate of name change from the court, stamped and signed by the judge.

You can take this certificate to the Civil Status authority and get a new birth certificate with the new name. And if he has a passport, also take the old passport, new birth certificate, and court certificate to the passport authority to issue a new passport.

I will call my lawyer around 1-2 PM to ask him how much it usually costs (so you don't get scammed by money-loving lawyers), and how much time and how complex it usually is.

-------------------------

On another side, off-topic note .... My wife is Ukrainian and we are living in Cairo ...... she's looking for Russian/Ukrainian friends. Maybe you can send me your husband's contacts so we can  get to know each other and later on you girls can exchange phone numbers as well ...... and maybe one day arrange to go out (the four of us ..... or the five of us including your baby boy :) )

I checked with my lawyer.

As I told you it is a very easy lawsuit (procedural lawsuit).

Costs around EGP 300. Takes around 2-3 months to finish.

If any other lawyer tells you otherwise, take care he could be trying to take advantage of you.

The Egyptian wrote:

I checked with my lawyer.

As I told you it is a very easy lawsuit (procedural lawsuit).

Costs around EGP 300. Takes around 2-3 months to finish.

If any other lawyer tells you otherwise, take care he could be trying to take advantage of you.

Thanks Ahmad for the great informations as it was really the first time for me to understand that we can change our kids name :)

Hi there,

I know this a couple of years later than this threat, but I have a similar problem with a wrong name on a birth certificate. Are you able to provide details to me as to whom your lawyer is? I've tried contacting a few lawyers in Cairo, but their fees are exorbitant!

Thanks in advance!