Land or a house in Morocco

I need some information regarding whether is better to buy a land and build or buy already build house. What are the challenges. My Moroccan wife doesn't know much. How difficult or easy it is for a foreigner

It's better to buy a land and build a house as you desire.

Moderated by Bhavna 2 weeks ago
Reason : Contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Penniewisellc buying land or a property in Morocco can be a nightmare. buying land is definitly full of challengers and headaches. from buying the suitable land , getting planning permission, finding a reliable builders ( not many in morocco ), finding the materials for building it without been ripped off …etc.. buyiny a property is not easy either but you need to be carefull what to buy and where from. buying direct from onwners is the best option without the so called the estate agents or Samsara ( as they are called in morocco ). if you buy a property get yourself a Notaire ( property lawyers in morocco ) who will check everything for you to make sure the property is legal but make sure you agree with him or her about their fees in writing. i hope that this help and good luck

@Penniewisellc

be carefull of crooks who will pretend to want to help you only to rip you off.

@Said Idouarab Moroccans could learn from the UK how to dobthings right. I would like to buy a property in Morocco but what you wrote put me off.

@Popolushka People buy property in Morocco all the time - it's really important to know the whole story - good & bad.

Titles are vital and hiring an English speaking notary/lawyer a must. Every family member associated with that property must sign off on the sale or you risk them coming back afterwards to claim it.

If you have a trusted Moroccan friend or family member, bring them along and give the process enough time to complete. Foreign ideas of how long administration ‘should' take should be left at home.

@sgrab of course I leave my foreign brain at home. I am just a woman.....

I think brother you need someone on your side if you choose to buy a land and buy a house as it is a long procedure and full of challenges .

But yeah you need to search for good correct people that can help you dealing with everything .

Which part of morocco you are interesting in , maybe we are present there to give advices .

And Welcome to morocco .