Giving birth in Albania

im panning on coming here in 2 months to marry my Albanian partner and stay here to have our baby/ for the foreseeable future

im due in end of may and need to get this sorted asap but upon looking there's public and private hospitals, I was looking at American hospitals that are dotted around Tirana but the reviews seems very very bad and I dont feel comfortable giving birth in these places now,

im worried as I. need to find somewhere but I have no idea where to look??

Childbirth in Albania is not only the most expensive in the world, but the medical staff have zero education. They don't even know about washing hands or anything. Let alone there is no supplies and equipment. When you give birth here, you need to bring all your own things to the hospital. Gause, medicine, anti-septic, and so on. They will not even feed you!

I would give birth in the UK, there would be no translation issues with the language, you would also get pre and after care.

@SimCityAT what free? People take to much advantage of the NHS in the UK, this is one of the reasons the NHS is failing. Let alone the jobs ect here. It's more aless none existent for the British now. I understand why people out the UK want to move here e.g benefits and free health care but it's a absolute joke of a country. You have to be careful in many ways with this government they are so bad. The controlling is crazy by them. I can't wait to get away from here. It has it's pros but it also has to many cons to this country. Yes come have your baby here sounds safer and much cleaner in the hospitals ect because then having a Albanian partner I'm sure you can just move from Britian to Albania without a visa and apply for residency. Good luck on the road you take, and congratulations on your pregnancy.

@SimCityAT what free? People take to much advantage of the NHS in the UK, this is one of the reasons the NHS is failing. Let alone the jobs ect here. It's more aless none existent for the British now. I understand why people out the UK want to move here e.g benefits and free health care but it's a absolute joke of a country. You have to be careful in many ways with this government they are so bad. The controlling is crazy by them. I can't wait to get away from here. It has it's pros but it also has to many cons to this country. Yes come have your baby here sounds safer and much cleaner in the hospitals ect because then having a Albanian partner I'm sure you can just move from Britian to Albania without a visa and apply for residency. Good luck on the road you take, and congratulations on your pregnancy.

-@beckieclegg1993

Do you understand how the NHS works? I'm not sure you do. Who takes advantage of the NHS?

Do really know why people want to move to the UK. It's not for benefits or the NHS.

I guess no. It's rather big of you being English and wanting to move to Spain!

Your comments are on the verge of racism. Please read the rules of the forum.

Firstly where's the racism in any of that? All I'm trying to point out is Britain has gone down hill, which most comes from the Brits not all but most.. guess living in Austria you've now no clue about UK let alone the NHS. 11years plus out of here times change! So clearly you've no absolute clue of what your even on about! 🤣 Try read again what I've put previously, clearly your not on the right level as me?!

Firstly where's the racism in any of that? All I'm trying to point out is Britain has gone down hill, which most comes from the Brits not all but most.. guess living in Austria you've now no clue about UK let alone the NHS. 11years plus out of here times change! So clearly you've no absolute clue of what your even on about! 🤣 Try read again what I've put previously, clearly your not on the right level as me?!

-@beckieclegg1993

I visit twice a year and I have family that live in th UK so yes I do know whats happening.