Tourist Visa to resident visa to open a bank in cairo

Good afternoon  i am canadian/ palestinian I have few questions if any one can help me please? first how long does it take from tourist visa to resident visa. I know 6 months  to stay in egypt but is there a way to make it less then 2 months.  I work 9 months a year and 4 month off in canada and I want to spend 4 month in egypt? I want to invest in egypt buy an apartment or single  house I am planning to move to egypt  later in few years.

To transfer money from Canada to egypt  you need to have bank in egypt.  In order to do so you need a resident visa .

Thank you all for help.

The entry visa lasts 30 days. Anyone staying in egypt longer than 30 days will need to extend their visa to a ”tourist residency”, which lasts 6 months as you said. You do not have to stay in Egypt the entire 6 months, you are certainly free to leave before that. the tourist residency will cancel automatically as soon as you leave Egypt, you just have to get a new one each time you come back.

The only other option besides the 6 month tourist residency is to get one that is multi-entry for 5 years, but this is quite expensive if you don't come to Egypt frequently each year and if you're not staying long periods when you do come.

By the way, most banks require a proof of income if you want to open an account- this is in addition to having an active residency.

Who can state how long it takes on the average to que at the port of entry to get the entry tourist tourist visa?

If I got a income from Canada while on resident visa will it work to open bank account?

Hi , Canadian must get visa before arrival, please many people refused when they arrived and send them at same aircraft, it's from Egyptian empassy at Canada , about accommodation, visa for 45 days , so if you need more just go to office at Hurghada to extend and pay the fees , and that's it

Resident at Egypt can make bank account, also about receive the money, Western Union is available