Foreign Residence Card

Has anyone experienced a delay in getting their foreign residence cards? We have been at least three times to pick up my daughter's card, but they tell us each time, “It's not ready and to come back in 10 days”. It's been almost a month.

@faithhope301

This is normal here.

Low service country.

For this some people dont even renew there visa anymore.  Cause its to much hussle

Good barakah ;-)

@faithhope301

Confusing!!!

I Progress visa usually for a lot of people within 3days only i get it.

@faithhope301

Thank you for responding😊

@Dodo30

Yes. It was a shorter time for us last time. My husband, other daughter and I received ours within a week. We were granted a year due to my daughter's school enrollment.  However, my 19 year old was not granted a year. I don't undertand why because we all live together and she is still dependent on us.

@Makeladutch

A hassle indeed. Thank you 😊

@faithhope301

They do what they want, even when it doesn't make sense.

We all go trough this.

I did not go  there for 2 and half  years, its to much for me.

But my friend really needs it,  he said he never has to wait to long, but he also sometimes has to come back 2 or 3 times for nothing.

Maybe its best  when they say come in 10 days, to come in 20 or 30 day instead.

I wish  you well.

@Makeladutch

Thank you😊 I'll keep the thread updated.

@faithhope301

Amazing  that you got that one year.

Thats saves you a lot of money and hassle.

:-)

If you got any other questions you can email me, no problem.

I know the ins and the outs after being for 4 years overhere on my own

Moderated by Bhavna 4 months ago
Reason : Contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Dodo30

Really ?

Can i have ypur contact please ?

Hello everyone,

Please share contact details in private. You may send a direct message to any member by clicking on his/her username or photo. You'll find the "send a message" option.

Thank you

Bhavna

Update!

My daughter finally received her residence card after waiting for almost two months. Once we got to the window, they told us to go to window 37, across on the other side. We had to present copies of the inside of her passport, foreign residence card, and my younger daughter's card who is enrolled in school. When our name was called, the Officer walked us over the Residence side along with the copies and handed the copied along with her passport to the person at window. We waited for at least two hours to get the card. Here's the kicker! After we realized that we were waiting very long,  hearing other people names being called, my daughter went to the window  to inquire about the card. Her card was just sitting there, not sure how long. 😂 But we are grateful that she received the same extension date we received (10 month extension)!

@faithhope301

That's good news. Congrats ^^ Happy for her

@Bhavna

Thank you!☺️