Insurance and bank

Dear all,

Happy to reconnect with all of you.

As anticipated I am going to move to Valona in January.

Does anyone have direct experience with national health insurance ? I would like to find a good insurance company to cover my health in Albania and abroad.  Please list the name and link if possible and a few ideas of pricing per year or month.

Which is the best bank for multicurrency,  mainly Euro that is also easy to access in Valona?  I love online banking and better if they are big and international.

You can reply either in Italian or English.

Thank you to everyone.

A big hug

La unica che copre spese anche in altri paesi oltre albania è quella della clinica italo-albanese Salus.

@paolo gerundini

Please post in ENGLISH.

the only one who cover  albania and other nations is clinica Salus  Tirana

Hi Arash.

Are you moving to Albania and get the residence permit? About opening a bank account: it seems to be possible once you are resident, but... some consulting firms declare to have a way for non resident too.

Banca Intesa San Paolo operates or has connections in Albania.

I'm going to visit (again) Albania in APRIL or MAY, for ten days to find out.

You can write in italian too but I think English is the only common language in this forum

Regards / Saluti

Flavio

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Information provided is not helpful
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Arash.
Are you moving to Albania and get the residence permit? About opening a bank account: it seems to be possible once you are resident, but... some consulting firms declare to have a way for non resident too.
Banca Intesa San Paolo operates or has connections in Albania.
I'm going to visit (again) Albania in APRIL or MAY, for ten days to find out.
You can write in italian too but I think English is the only common language in this forum
Regards / Saluti
Flavio
-@fladin

Foreigners cannot have a bank account in Albania. Period. I've been a resident here for years.

Hello Alice4186,

I hope someone can confirm the information about opening a bank account. Foreign investors have been able to open a bank account and expats as well.