Experience applying for partner visa while already in Sweden?

I'm currently in Sweden on a working visa and have been living with my partner, whom I met whilst I was here, and I was thinking about changing to a partner visa as it allows me more flexibility. Have anyone had any experience in changing from a work visa or other visa into a partner visa whilst already living in Sweden?

How does that allow you more flexibility?
A partner visa is also a resident visa.

It's mainly the freedom to not require  a sponsorship from a company in order to maintain my resident permit.

Interesting situation

I dont know the right answer but based on my understanding, you can't apply for a new resident permit before 6 months of ending of your current permit. What I know of, sambo visa takes a really long time and you have to show significant time in relationship too, typically over a year.

Based on what you are seeking you haven't been on work visa more than 2 yrs (my guess, could be wrong). So I wonder if you have had significant time to actually show a stable relationship? And then typically wait a year or so to get your visa renewed?

Thanks for the reply!
Right now I've been on a work visa for 3 years, living in Sweden for 4 (1 year on a student visa) and have been registered and living with my partner in his apartment for 18 months. There is very little information regarding this particular situation on migrationsverket so I'm not sure

Then after another year you'll easily get the permanent resident visa.
Cohibiting 3 yrs with your swedish partner will get you the citizenship.....so you can calculate your options. I think the one you want to take is more time consuming.

Unfortunately no. I am not eligible for a permanent resident permit for at least another 2+ years due to my student visa time not counting towards habitual residence. I will need 5 years habitual for a permanent resident permit and in order to apply for citizenship then I need to already have this from what I can see on migrationsverket.

Interesting, seems they have removed the 3 yrs clause for cohibiting partners recently. I cant find that on migrationverket site anymore.

Did you do it finally, I am thinking of doing the same :) but my parter is not swedish, but he is from EU thou