Married to a swedish citizen. Residence permit

Hello everyone
Having any insights on this would help me a lot :)
My husband has filed for my residence permit and has fullfilled all the requirements
But Sweden keeps refusing me (we are both highly educated active in the society people)

He says that they can do it like that without a reason in A dictatorship manner
I don't think it goes like that in a european union state just separating 2 married people based on nothing.
What do you think?

Thank you

the emigration office still have the right to accept or reject the file , without obvious reason....  i heard about similar stories long time ago before in Netherlands .

but , i am not sure about the type of visa that was issued for you in your country ....... if they issued you a short-term visa , then you can't apply for residence permit .
if they issued you a long term visa , then you can apply for the residence permit within 90 days after you arrival there .
that is what i remember  .... i dont know if there are any changes to the rules nowadays.

There must be something wrong with your case. They don't refuse people for fun.
There are certain guidelines they follow and your case must be not checking all the boxes.
Just based on the limited info you provided it's hard to say anything but surely they must have a good reason which you and your husband surely have ignored.

Thank you for your reply.

from where i stand now and with the experience. i tell you they do, they take 3 to 4 months to open the case and then they make it hard for you. it says on their website that once they open the case, they assign an agent to your case to guide you through , before rejecting (let alone if you already fulfill the requirements but they need extra assurance) but let me tell you, this didn't happen.
they just send you a paper after 3 months of waiting asking you to submit extra assurance and wait 3 more months till they open the appeal again and so on .. it goes on forever. people's life is not a joke to be treated in this disrespectful way.

ekhfaiz wrote:

There must be something wrong with your case. They don't refuse people for fun.
There are certain guidelines they follow and your case must be not checking all the boxes.
Just based on the limited info you provided it's hard to say anything but surely they must have a good reason which you and your husband surely have ignored.

P.S: He had a valid job contract but they asked him to provide the new job contract. while he has 3 months still on his current contract. And if you know well about the jobs market in Sweden now , it is almost impossible to get an open contract and if you do, the conditions are really bad salary wise and the migration office would still reject it.

ahmed197666 wrote:

the emigration office still have the right to accept or reject the file , without obvious reason....  i heard about similar stories long time ago before in Netherlands .

but , i am not sure about the type of visa that was issued for you in your country ....... if they issued you a short-term visa , then you can't apply for residence permit .
if they issued you a long term visa , then you can apply for the residence permit within 90 days after you arrival there .
that is what i remember  .... i dont know if there are any changes to the rules nowadays.

Thank you for your reply.
but without obvious reasons is not something i would tolerate and accept. Our life is not a joke to decide for us where to live and having to be separated for 12 to 15 months until they give a decision and our life is on hold. i do not even want to live there but this is my husband's country, that's where he can find jobs. and the way they treat us is intolerable.

Sweden is the third least corrupted county together with Finland. Denmark is on the top and Norway is seventh in the list. That makes Northern Europe to the region least corrupted in the world. 

In Democracy index Norway number one, Sweden number Three and Denmark number five.

What ever the best list you check Northern European countries are in the top of those lists, not only one or two years but they have been on the top for many many years. Secret behind it is the system- bureaucracy.

As ekhfaiz says there are certain guidelines to follow and there are other guidelines to follow to check weather first guidelines hade been followed or not and there are other guidelines to follow that and so on it continues. This country is full of guidelines, rules and regulations. No government official can play with your life even if they wish to do it and far from having ability to deny an application in dictatorship manner.

When things does not work as we wish in repeated times it is easy to us to think about different kind of conspiracies, that is totally human but do not do it. What happen is while you are focusing on those gossip theories and conspiracy theories you miss to focus on the real point.

I do not know anything about your case but from your own posts I can see two things.
1. An applicant must fill an application by him/herself not someone else.
2.There is something that is not meet Swedish Migration Agency's demands with your husbands economical states or job situation. I rather do not want to speculate more about this matter.

Finally your knowledge about Swedish labour market is also not correct. Each profession has a certain minimum wage and that minimum salary is based on cost of living i.e each year both increase in relation to each other. And there are also certain contract system that any employer can not get advantage of an employee, you can read how labour market is regulated here https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=811732 

However if you still have any doubts about Swedish Migration Agency is not doing their job right and if you are 100% sure about you have done everything right then best thing is to do is to hire a lawyer.   

I wish you all the best!

I feel from your answers (could be wrong) that your husband probably doesn't have a permanent work, which means he does not have a steady income or good financials to support you once you are here. Such cases migrationsverket cannot decide on emotions, there are guidelines to follow. I'll not say anything more here as this is also just a speculation based on limited info.

Finnbo said correctly there are minimum wage requirements, and that too is also based on a certain guideline. You & husband should contact migration lawyer to handle your case. It's never bad to have another set of eyes to review the documentation. Good Luck!

Hi, I have applied several times as representative in behalf of the applicants. " Fullmakt" Power of Attorny. The best way is to hire a lawyer or any legal representative who knows all regulations.

All applicants should read properly and make sure you comply the requirements. Immigration officer will check a lot factors before they will decline the application. Some factors they don't need  to reveal reasons in thier writting.  I have cases in Denmark they sent officers to double check if the marriage is real.
Employment contract: It is not enough to have it, immigration officer seriously check the company status if the employment offer is real.

Finacial statement: if the appicant  can prove to the immigration that he has enough money to support the family when they arrive in Sweden,  it will become a plus factor but still no guarantee for approval.

The Swedish citizen: Should have no records in the court for any violations, no records from the collector emforcement of unpaid debts.

There are so many things that the applicant need to read and understand the regulations. To make it easy for the applicant better to contact immigration lawyer.

If you need more informations feel free to contact me.

Best regards,
Laisa

Yes!!! Swedish migration agency is worst migration service  I have ever experienced!!! They just reject spouse visa without any proper reason!! Me n my husband furnished all information they were asking for!! The processing time is very slow!! They don't even bother to communicate with you!! Case Officers will not work until u ask about the case!!! Such an worst experience!!!

anusharajkuma95 wrote:

Yes!!! Swedish migration agency takes more time to process visa.They just reject spouse visa without any proper reason!! Me n my husband furnished all information they were asking for!! The processing time is very slow!! They don't even bother to communicate with you!! Case Officers will not take your case soon!!!!

Migrationverket is not really a service provider, it's an authority that makes decisions. Decisions do not mean customers should be satisfied and happy all the time which is usually the goal of a service provider. That said, yes, their way of working could be better in many ways but since it's an authority that works on public money, I think they probably have a good explanation on why they work in a certain way. There are appeal process that you can go through. You can check their website to find more about the appeal process.

Appealing is not a very proper way for turning back your decisions to positive . when they reject your case they somehow ruin a part of your life that you planned for
Keep in mind that appealing is a very long process that you should have wait for the result again and you don't know if its positive or negative

Appealing is the only process unfortunately. Please consider that the decisions are based on certain rules and facts. It's not that they are making arbitrary decisions because they are having fun doing it. It can be hard on your end but that doesn't change the rules and guidelines that these people have to work with and make decisions on the visa applications.

Yeah!! Migration agency is not service providers !! We are not customers too!! They do work on fr public money I respect that!! And we are eligible citizens of our country!!! I do travelled many countries!!We are educated!!!they are not working on time bound ,many people life's based on their decision this is important for we people!! Like we are living separately without  husband for many days!! After providing all the information they asked for !!correctly ,they are rejecting!!  They are not communicating with us properly and ask for whatever documents they want !! Without asking how can we provide!! Yes they are authority so they are collecting application fee !!they not working free for us and providing any services!!! But they should consider and communicate without abruptly rejecting!!

However unfortunate your situation might be, this is not a feedback forum for migrationsverket. Nor I or anyone else can give you any useful input based on your emotional outpour because factually the input is zero. I don't know what more to say here.

Those who have different kind of conspiracy theories against one of the most busiest Swedish authorities must know that there are more than two million immigrants from all over the world came to Sweden through same migrationsverket. How many people applied during the time and how many of them got rejected and became disappointed is another fact but still they approved up to two million applications. I hope that fact would answer all the conspiracy theories.

I'm not doing any emotional drama here!! I just shared my opinion and that's not any conspiracy theories I guess!! And forum is for everyone to talk  about their opinion  and views on a particular topic!! Everyone has right to do that!! If  you feel so I can't do anything that's your opinion .You can't just change what I think and my opinions !!I just discussed  because I had same experience and I didn't say anything wrong here it's my opinion and my experience with them! Perhaps they are busiest every case should be valued!! I just shared about my case!!

Thanks  :)

Namaste Anusha, Please don't missunderstand us! In deed forum is for everyone to share their information, no one here wants to discourage anyone from sharing. In fact that is the reason of my participation, on behalf of forum and its members. To correct a member's possible misleading information and prevent whatever the harm it can make to other members in the future. Yours and few others negative situations against millions of positive situations is not a fact that should indicate migrationsverket is such a hopeless authority. That was all my point.

But still for that matter I wont dare to judge any of you because I know that only the one who has the wound understand the real pain. I wish you all the best!

GuestPoster897 wrote:

Hi, I have applied several times as representative in behalf of the applicants. " Fullmakt" Power of Attorny. The best way is to hire a lawyer or any legal representative who knows all regulations.

All applicants should read properly and make sure you comply the requirements. Immigration officer will check a lot factors before they will decline the application. Some factors they don't need  to reveal reasons in thier writting.  I have cases in Denmark they sent officers to double check if the marriage is real.
Employment contract: It is not enough to have it, immigration officer seriously check the company status if the employment offer is real.

Finacial statement: if the appicant  can prove to the immigration that he has enough money to support the family when they arrive in Sweden,  it will become a plus factor but still no guarantee for approval.

The Swedish citizen: Should have no records in the court for any violations, no records from the collector emforcement of unpaid debts.

There are so many things that the applicant need to read and understand the regulations. To make it easy for the applicant better to contact immigration lawyer.

If you need more informations feel free to contact me.

Best regards,
Laisa

Hi, I'm Swedish and I live in Sweden but planning on getting married to my boyfriend who came to visit me from Nigeria on a tourist visa, I want to know how best he can have a permit to live with me here in Sweden and don't need to go back home now. I would appreciate if you have any way you can work with us to fix this hoping to hear from you soon

Thanks

I will like you to contact me private so for us to discuss further

Hey there! Anyone else that applied in June of 2021, would like to connect and see if anyone is approved still waiting or has had any contact from migration.

hi I applied May 2021, last week I went to the embassy and now.... have no idea how long I have to wait

@dslyce1 

any news?

I was making the  interview and the immigration officer asked me a  lot of questions, so I missed two questions , so is there any problem with my case?

@xanaf333 when did you submit your application and when did you go for your interview

@Isioma Ossai I was Submitted my Application one year ago and I was making my Interview in this month March 16 so my interview is too Mach so that I was missed two question, so I am afraid that it will cause me problem

@xanaf333 pls can you tell me the kind of questions they ask you and did you show them pictures

@Isioma Ossai They asked questions about education and my wife's education

So i have given slightly wrong answers to these questions

@xanaf333 what are the questions pls

@Isioma Ossai pls after your interview have you received anything feedback from them