Autoridad de Acueductos y Alcantarillados of Puerto Rico

The Autoridad de Acueductos y Alcantarillados of Puerto Rico is billing me $3,294.54 because they stated we used the water on an unlivable small place we purchased in Puerto Rico.  I wrote a couple of letters explaining to them that we live in Naples, Florida and we never resided in Puerto Rico.  They don't care and they are still telling me I owe the balance.  I am lost and don't know what to do? 

@cfigueroa1966 You need to consult a lawyer in PR about the process of getting this fixed.

@cfigueroa1966 you need to file a claim with them. They will investigate within 30days.

Lawyer up!

I'm guessing you own the property in question.

I have heard of water being used by neighbors before… is that possible? Is there water available at the property?

Save your money, Lawyer is going to do nothing for you.. I was over charged before, I submitted a claim online. A freeze was put on my account until Acuaducto did an investigation. Create an online account with acuaducto and request a claim.

I have had this happen to me but it was a water leak  Aaa will investigate and probably say you did have usage and that investigation will lead nowhere.  You do own the property so you either had a leak or someone is stealing your water.  You need to determine which is the case.   IMO a lawyer isnt going to help  if i were you turn off the water account until youre actually going to use it.  You will be stuck paying the bill though. 

Is anyone having a problem calling Autoridad de Acueductos Y Alcantarillados, 787-620-2482?  Or problems signing into their online account?

When I call it is either busy, or it says "the wireless caller is not available at this time.  Please try your call again later." and hangs up, or the call goes through and after pressing one, then it hangs up. 

I am having issues with logging into the website as well.  Every time I enter my login/password, it says "Credenciales Inválidas," even though I never changed my password. 

I tried resetting my password by clicking on "Olvidé mi contraseña," but even though it says it will send me an email with directions on reset, it never does.  I keep checking my email and spam folder but nothing!

Hello garciahanner...I don't know where you live. We live in the mountain region AKA ( el Campo). Small town, we just went directly to the office, only took about 10 to 15 min. Just make sure to take a picture of the numbered tag of your water meter, if you see more than one tag, get both in case they ask for it, you have it. They also needed a copy of the Deed for the house which they made a copy and returned it to me and my ID.  They were most helpful and quickly resolved my issues.

@garciahanner I tried last night and just now and I can't login to pay my current bill. I also clicked on forgot my password even though I didn't forget it and the email never arrived.

I kept calling and was finally able to talk to a representative at AAA.  From what I understood, because they remodeled the website, customers need to re-register their account information again and create a new password.   I did it and it worked!

Hello garciahanner...sounds great!  I always pay ours over the phone using the automated system. I get the payment confirmation number and usually get also a confirmation payment e-mail from them within a day or two. No issues so far. Glad to read you got yours resolved.

@garciahanner thank you!