Buying a new phone (Samsung Ultra S23)in Vietnam

Hello,

I am currently in London, travelling to Vietnam next week

I am about to buy a Samsung S23 Ultra phone here in London. This model is around £1400 in London.

These models are also made in Samsung factory in Vietnam

I am just wondering if anyone knows if I can buy this model cheaper from Samsung in Vietnam ?

Many thanks,

John

@John123470

22,000k vnd 256gb 8gb

27,000k vnd 512gb 12gb

45,000k vnd 1tb 12 gb

Give or take a couple of k vnd.

Or GBP 740 to GBP 1570

(GBP 1 ≈ 29.7k vnd)

Nguyen Kim website

@MyGuess

Thank you for the quick reply, My Guess

Not a lot cheaper than UK prices on fact.

Can you tell me if you can buy this phone direct from the Samsung store in Hanoi for the above price or is the above site a delivery service only ?

Many thanks,

John

My Guess,

I mention the prices being similar because of discounts (ie £200 returned + free ear buds worth £220)

Thanks

@John123470 no, I live in Saigon.  It's a physical store on Tran Hung Dao.

Many thanks !

@MyGuess

Something is off with these quotes. 22 - 45k in VND is only 1 - 2 USD. I think they mean 22 - 45 Mil. VND. 

Nah, they're correct 22,000k vnd is 22,000 × thousand.

It's very normal to see prices written such in Vietnam. k is just x³

22,000k is 22,000,000

Even lower prices stuff written as 10k, 10,000

@MyGuess

:)

Using a "k" makes the price sound cheaper.

I sound heavier when I say I'm 80,000 grams

Well we're mostly fluid.... Let's do it in gamma ;-)

@John123470
22,000k vnd 256gb 8gb
27,000k vnd 512gb 12gb
45,000k vnd 1tb 12 gb
Give or take a couple of k vnd.
Or GBP 740 to GBP 1570
(GBP 1 ≈ 29.7k vnd)

Nguyen Kim website
-@MyGuess

₫29,980.80 VNĐ to 1 GBP today

Best to bring VNĐ cash and not be trapped by the website exchange rate

screenshot_20230703_122527_chrome.jpg

Can you tell me if you can buy this phone direct from the Samsung store in Hanoi for the above price or is the above site a delivery service only ?

Many thanks,
John
-@John123470

I'd recommend buying directly from an official Viettel store and getting the best Vietnam data card (with phone number and optional phone/text service) at the same time.

@Aidan in HCMC

".. he's a 2822 ounce man but a lot of that is water .. "

@OceanBeach92107

@OceanBeach92107

Thanks OceanBeach,

I am inclined to buy here in London since not sure of how much I would save buying in Nam

Also, it's a Samsung phone so I guess direct from a Samsung store in Hanoi would be best

Though I see your point about getting a better data etc deal

Thanks

Thanks OceanBeach,

I am inclined to buy here in London since not sure of how much I would save buying in Nam

Where is "Nam"? 😉

If you mean Vietnam, it's worth noting that most Vietnamese don't appreciate this use of that particular foreigner nickname, and use of it in this forum was especially discouraged by our previous Việt Kiều Vietnam expert (who also pointed out that "Việt Kiều" is technically an incorrect description of some people living outside Việt Nam, so...🤔)

@OceanBeach92107

Fair enough, I'll go woke 1f600.svg

@OceanBeach92107
Fair enough, I'll go woke 1f600.svg
-@John123470

I'm a veteran of the American War in Vietnam with a Vietnamese wife, and I take exception to that characterization of my comment.

I'm simply offering a common courtesy tip.

Courtesy tip accepted

Thank you, Sir !

@OceanBeach92107

Understanding the different cultures and views of any country you want to visit should be everyone's first priority.

Courtesy tip accepted
Thank you, Sir !
-@John123470

Không có gì

😌

🙏

(translation: "It's nothing", "no problem", "you're welcome")

Thank you, Ocean Beach

Last thing on my mind was to offend 1f60a.svg

Thanks OceanBeach,

Also, it's a Samsung phone so I guess direct from a Samsung store in Hanoi would be best

Though I see your point about getting a better data etc deal
Thanks
-@John123470

recalling this previously posted

45,000k vnd1tb 12 gb
Nguyen Kim website -@MyGuess

Both the Samsung Vietnam website and the Viettel website list that Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 12 gb/1 tb model at ₫35,990,000 VNĐ

or (today's exchange rate)

£1,196.29 GBP

Samsung offers a ₫1 million VNĐ discount for ordering online.

It appears there is an additional 5% discount if you open a Samsung account.

Viettel offers up to a ₫10 million VNĐ discount, depending on the data package you purchase and your phone number.

You would get your number in a Viettel store at the same time you purchase your phone there.

The clerk there can calculate your total possible discount before you buy.

Both Samsung and Viettel offer some freebies, but it seems as if Viettel offers more.

Aside from the data plans, I personally prefer to purchase my phone through my service provider, as I did with my Samsung S21 Ultra and T-Mobile service in the United States.

I purchased an OPPO phone through the local Viettel store, and if I run into any problems, I know I can take the phone into any Viettel store, nationwide.

I have no doubt you will choose the option that's best for you.

@OceanBeach92107

Many thanks, Ocean

I actually bought it direct from Samsung in Samsung London today. They are running an offer till July 4th

The 512GB version + Samsung Watch 5 + free £ 220 earbuds for £1 200 = VND 36Mill ( that is after £200 cash back (VND 6 Mill)

The Samsung watch is a bit James Bond for my simple self but all in all a good deal

Many thanks again !

Courtesy tip accepted
Thank you, Sir !
-@John123470

Newcomers would be well advised to remember the word "Nam" (and "Nữ") when wanting to enter a restroom in a restaurant :)(Links to Google Dich)