Haircut Prices

Hi Everyone! How much should I expect to pay for a haircut in Santo Domingo? I have short hair, female. Thanks so much!

It really will depend where you go!   A  neighborhood salon  for a regular cut  will cost maybe  400 RD and a higher end salon  will be double to triple that.   And that means wash and condition with regular stock, no  extra treatments,  a cut and blow dry.   Short hair sometimes will cost more than long because its more precise depending on style and type of hair.

correct, i used to cut mine in the hood for 300 pesos, depends where u go but it is cheaper than here for sure lol

Women's hair prices are very very different then men.

Thank you very much for the information. I was quoted at 2500 pesos and that seemed a bit high. I'll keep looking around. Thanks again!

I am sure the hood did better lol. When I'm down I get my hair braided in the hood and I love it.

In Las Terrenas, at one of the bigger salons, I pay $1000-1200 (not sure why it differs) and Dave pays $600.

Good to know, thanks! My friend also found that her husband's haircut is 1/2 the price of hers.

The difference between men's and women's hair prices is the same all over the world it seems.

Some women go to barbershops for their haircuts. 

2,500 is definitely high.  That is higher end salon plus expat pricing!