Retired in Serbia

Hi all,

I am an American and have lived in Europe most of my adult life. I was born and raised in the Texas / Oklahoma Panhandles and came to Europe with the Military in 1979. I left the Military in November 1991 and decided to stay in Germany (German ex-wives) and worked in Germany. Germany is a beautiful country and has some great food but is really expensive to live in. I came to Serbia for the first time in 2005 and fell in love with the country and people. After a few months in Serbia, I met my wife and had the feeling of finally being home.

I decided to retire in 2019 (early retirement) as I receive VA Benefits and that provides a good base to live on in Serbia. Here the property prices are not extremely high (unless you need to live in a big city like Belgrade). Still, the rent is still affordable.

We decided to start investing in property and have recently purchased a second house in a small village that we will start to rent on Airbnb and hopefully be able to purchase an additional house and start to build a number of Airbnb options from there. I will make further posts about retiring in Serbia, Cost of living, Health care and Medical Insurance, Property Prices, and Visa Requirements.

Have a great day and stay safe.

Dale

Dale,

Do you know how to retain US citizenship while residing in Serbia?

That not a problem. But as an AmCit you are still required to file a tax return and an FBAR every year. You can have 2 citizenships without a problem. But retaining you citizenship is not a problem living here. PM me if you have further questions.

Hi Dale
My name is Phil and i am thinking about retiring to Serbia. the town you live in  remski Karlovci i was told to go and visit but i only god to novi sad and then on to Belgrade because of time restraints. So I have decided to visit next late spring. I am looking to rent first or AirBnb first then purchase later. I have a friend who lives there and in Subotica a town in the north where we met. I am assuming it is a great wine region and a nice town too. If you have any info can you let me know. I found the Serb's to be super friendly I hope your experiencing the same thing.

By the way i worked in Hanau Germany by the base serving the American soldiers. 79's and 80's there and i have lived in Dallas Texas

Hey Phil,

I was stationed as an MP near Hanau. Serbia is great. Low cost of living (except in Belgrade). Just purchased my second house here and hope to have it fully renovated and listed on Airbnb early spring.

PM me if you want my contract info.

Regards from Serbia,

Dale

Hi Dale that's great you are setting up an airbnb there i will be traveling back there early summer. So maybe i can be a first guest there, who knows.
Look forward to meeting you Dale

@Kneeland good morning brother

I am 64 years old Singh from India

Next week I am coming to serbia.

I want to register a company there to start some business.

I need some information.

I will really appreciate and Hope you will suggest me better way.

You may please contact me on whatsapp or telegram +85569946070

I am in Cambodia now

Regards

@Kneeland Good morning brother .

I am 64 years old Singh from India

Next week I am coming to serbia.

I want to register a company there to start some business.

I need some information and other details.

I will really appreciate and Hope you will suggest me better way.

You may please contact me on whatsapp or telegram +85569946070

I am in Cambodia now

Regards

@Kneeland

Dear sir/madem

My name is Omar Faruque I am Bangladeshi I came to Saudi Arabia on February 21, 2008 and have been working till now. Earlier the salary was good, I used to send money to the country every month and it was going well. Now the salary is very low so it is very difficult to manage the family expenses

So if someone please give me a work permit in Serbia then I can live a good life

I can work well

I have been working in celling decoration in Saudi for the last 15 years

@Phil Collins52

Dear sir

My name is Omar Faruque I am Bangladeshi I came to Saudi Arabia on February 21, 2008 and have been working till now. Earlier the salary was good, I used to send money to the country every month and it was going well. Now the salary is very low so it is very difficult to manage the family expenses

So if someone please give me a work permit in Serbia then I can live a good life

I can work well

I have been working in celling decoration in Saudi for the last 15 years

@Niceman1960in

Hi. You will need a lawyer to assist with starting a company. I can recommend you a good one and a lady that can help with the visa process.

My number is +38163582515.

Regards from Serbia.

@Niceman1960in

Hi.

Contact Aleksandar Bogdanović (immigration lawyer) he can explain everything.

https://advokatbudovalcev.com/

My number is +38163582515