Should inspection marbete cost $11? Or bill padded w unlisted fees?

I went to an official inspection station.  There were at least 2 signs saying the cost of inspection posted there saying the cost should be $11.   However, after checking ONLY the emissions by hooking a cord to the tailpipe and revving the engine up to over 2500 RPM for a counter, counting up to 50 times on the computer screen, he went to run my credit card for $220.  This was $165 for the insurance and other fees on the form from CESCO, plus his $11 for the inspection, and $43 for padding fees, as in rip off fees that were not listed anywhere.  When I confronted him, he claimed $10 was the charge for accepting a credit card which he never mentioned upfront.  Even with that, it would be $33 in extra padding fees.  Next he tried to tell me that its what the system told him to charge, and he wanted to refund me $23.  I told him if thats the case I would go get cash and pay to avoid the cc fee, which he hadnt disclosed before charging me.  Eventually he took it down to where he was charging me $11 for the inspection and $10 for the marbete.  However, shouldnt the $11 be the total amount for his portion for the inspection, which should INCLUDE the marbete sticker?

Please, no unhelpful, useless, worthless comments that show you are part of the PR problem, telling me to move to the states for my objecting to being ripped off.   The choice shouldn't be to accept being cheated vs moving to the states if I don't like being ripped off by Puerto Ricans preying on and taking advantage of someone who is new to PR.

Hello Potholes,

That price seems about right. I just did my vehicle inspection. I paid $220 as well.

I hope that helps. To be honest I would have to look at my receipt to see what the charges were for each. But I do know it was $220.

Thank you,
Wayne

This is off topic and I agree with you how peoples unnecessary comments about move back to the states etc.
But this happened to me last week
We had to go to the dentist for our child because a couple months back he was meesinga round and broke 3 of his 4 teeth in the upper front
Well one of the " what I though was a cap" fell off the tooth
So we go back to the same dentist office.
The 3 teeth that were originally fix cost $166 for all three
Now we go back to have the 1 tooth fixed and the lady is telling us its $250.
I said how is it possible that it cost $166 to fix the 3 cap teeth.  She then tells me it's not a cap. They do fillings because of the age of the child.  I said ok. Even if it's a cap how does it cost $250 to fix 1. She claims it takes more supplies.   Ok it certainly doesnt take more supplies to fix the one tooth then the 3 teeth total
So after fighting with her about this.  The dentist pulls me aside and tells me its $75 and that the lady made a mistake.   Sorry bullshit.  Then we agree on the $75 to fix it and she says we will have to take an x ray.  Yup you can guess what happened.  She charged us $115 for the visit.  We said we were told $75.  She said that we were charged for an x ray.  I am in shock.  $40 for an xray.   I get my dental care else where here and it cost me $10 for 2 xrays.    So I do feel that many place here discriminate and talk advantage of people.

My wife a gringo went to the dentist, had local X-ray on a couple of teeth and the panorama one, had one tooth filling replaced, total cost 10 dollars with her triple S medical plan which includes dental and eye vision.
No discrimination at all.