Can I bring a bicycle here

Want to bring a folder bicycle to EC by airplane, is that duty free?

netbean wrote:

Probably not.

Check with the experts, such as bikeflights.com (Pennsylvania-based) and shipbikes.com (Illinois-based).

Another link of interest:

horizonsunlimited.com/get-ready/shipping-the-bike

If you're bringing it with you on your personal flight, you could check in advance with the freight departments of the airlines, and find out their excess baggage rules and rules governing sports equipment and bikes.

If you post again, please mention from which country the bike is coming.

cccmedia in Quito

i found a form: The Ecuadorian Customs Service Informs, there include "r. sports items that can be carried by one persons"
the bike with package is about 15kg, I hope it would be OK.

Consider taking the folding bike out of the package and putting it in a  suitcase or other carry-on bag.  That would make it less likely to appear to be merchandise for re-sale.  Thus, less likely to be subject to a SENAE tariff.

If an airline ever tries to impose a stiff penalty on excess baggage, it may be an opportunity to upgrade to first-class, in which case the additional bag might be allowed on gratis.

cccmedia in Quito

netbean wrote:

My mom recently flew into EC. She said that other than filling out the customs form there was no other interaction with customs. She just walked right out the airport with all her stuff without being searched or having to pay any duties.

netbean wrote:

My mom recently flew into EC. I think she got a customs form but there was no other interaction with customs. She just walked right out the airport with all her stuff without being searched or having to pay any duties.

this is the small bike. It delayed for about a week, finally arrived. It shipped on the plane from 3 different companies.
No tax at customers when I picked up at UIO.

http://i57.tinypic.com/21eamhg.jpg

Thanks for sharing with us your positive results.

Happy trails :top: