Connecting with HORSE FOLKS.

Am retiring next year and would like to connect with 'horse folks' already living in Panama to learn more about importing, horse friendly areas, boarding,etc.  Can you help, or do you know someone who could?  Thanks!

panama lady is a "horse lover"  you can find her at panamalady.com

Welcome to Expat.com, CR46 and Panama4Me ! :)

Hey, Panama Lady,

Do you have a horse in Panama?  If so, did you bring him with you, or find one there?  Where do you keep him?

I'm planning on retiring next year and moving to Panama, and since my Horse, Mr B, is a part of the family, he will be coming, too.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Carol

Hi I'm new to the forum.  What did you find out about importing your horse?  Who did you contact for shipping?  I would appreciate any information/ advice you might have!  Thanks!!
Veronica

Hi Veronica and welcome to Expat.com!

This is an old topic.(Three years)

You may perhaps start a new thread on the Panama forum, with all your questions.:)

Harmonie.

Hi finessble,

As Harmonie pointed out, this is a really old topic on here, but I just stumbled upon it. I don't know anything about owning a horse here in Panama, but I was in Coronado recently, which is a very expat friendly beach town here and there's an equestrian club there called Club Ecuestre Coronado. I toured the facility for an article I was writing and I just went through my notes. For about $400 per month you can get their complete care, which I believe covered the stable costs, food, bathing, and cleaning of the stable. Aside from that, I don't know anything else about bringing a horse here and things of that nature. The phone number to the club is: 507-240-1434.

For anyone else reading this, who might just be interested in riding or enrolling yourself or your kids in any of their classes,  the cost for that is US$50 for kids and US$65 for adults. I visited the club several months ago though, so prices may have changed. Hope this helps.

Chris