Background check clarification

Good evening folks.

I have searched and read several residencies threads and have not seen anything about how recent/current background checks must be when applying for residency. Hence, my question.

How current/recent must the background check be when applying for residency?

Thank you!

@ondami

if you are american, the FBI check has to be 6 months or less. the one from RD has to be 30 days or less.

9 months validity per the DGA website for USA FBI. However, there are some additional guidelines you may want to read and research about background checks.

@Ykr716 thank you.

@CHRISTOPHER DAVID56 thank you. Such as?

@ondami, just go to the DGA website it's all there.  Take care

@CHRISTOPHER DAVID56 thank you.  please remember not everyone knows what DGA stands for as you may.

My bad DGM

https://personal.migracion.gob.do/?_gl= … IuNjAuMC4w

@CHRISTOPHER DAVID56 thank you.

It depends on where you are in the process. If it is your 1st time applying for residency, then you should check with your local consilate (US or Canada). For me, the US consilate required 90 day validity, and I know this very well because I had a terrible lawyer that took forever with my paperwork, which meant my FBI crimal check expired and I had to do it again. This was 1 year ago. If this is your 1st time, DGA website will not help you because that is Dominican and the process has to start in YOUR country, not DR.

Then it may changed/or different rules per consulte (which with the DR is not a surprise) the recent documents from DR Migration (Miami) state 9 months validity for FBI. I can DM anyone with the documents requirement that is most (Miami) recent requirements for retirement VISA (out of Miami DR Consulate) and Residency by DGM DR. My friend just got his VISA out of Miami for Pensión. Maybe different VISA types have different guidelines..not sure

@Stacy ST

can i ask you how far they looked back into your past ,  someone from Canada (  I'm a US citizen ) told me that the Dominican government only looked back the last 7 years into their history,  thanks

@Tippj

Not true unless changed few years ago as I have few items from 20 yrs ago which supposedly was issue or bad previous lawyer1f602.svg

@Tippj
Not true unless changed few years ago as I have few items from 20 yrs ago which supposedly was issue or bad previous lawyer1f602.svg

Can i ask  you , in your opinion ,  would a  bad situation 40 years ago raise Red flags during the residence process
    -@DRVisitor

Does the background  check also have to be translated into Spanish? 

Thank you and have a great day!

@ondamifrom my understanding "YES" and Apostille by your home country and the DR government.

Translation has to be completed by an authorized Dominican translator (again what i have been told) as the provide a código code or basically a Pin Number of such that they are authorized

@ondami yes it also has the be translated

@CHRISTOPHER DAVID56 thank you.  I figured.

@Tippj

It should not but who knows. I am applying again soon and will see what happens.

i am going through the process  now and so far so good, its been pretty smooth for the most part.