Built in gas ovens

I know I'm going to have to go to the places in Puerto Plata to figure this out. BUT, can anyone give me an ideas of a price range for a built in/insert gas oven. Nothing fancy. The fewer bells and whistles the better. 😂  Thanks!

I was just shopping for a new stove in the last couple of weeks.  If I remember correctly the one I saw was  about $40,000 RD

I wish I could get a stove/oven one piece combo. But the cooktop is already in place. And I'd have to cut the flooring and remove the cooktop to slide in a one piece. I think the insert is going to cost more than a combo would. A friend is going to Santo Domingo next week. He said he would look for me. Next up.... coordinate an IKEA delivery. 🙂

For what its worth our large Ikea delivery went very well. Their truck couldn't get up the horrible road on our large hill, but they were quite prompt and courteous. Then again everyone's experience here with anything seems to vary considerably, but I'm trying to stay positive  1f609.svg

Thanks Rocky!

There is a young woman in Cabarete I've bought a charcuterie tray from. I believe she's Canadian. She also works at Kahunas. She and her boyfriend are always scouting about for ways to make money. I messaged her suggesting maybe they start a personal/targeted shopping business. Like running to IKEA, Jumbo, LaSirena, all kinds of places for smaller items, groceries, hardware, pool supplies, and bringing them back to Sosua/Cabarete. I also suggested assembling  IKEA and Wayfair furniture and charging. I think there might be several people like me who would use their services. She takes PayPal for the food already.

Is this something any of you would use?

@Brewpub56 We've had a couple of people on LT start shopping service businesses. We used one a few times before they closed, and then the one we've been using for the past couple of years has become increasingly unreliable!

Thanks Rocky!
There is a young woman in Cabarete I've bought a charcuterie tray from. I believe she's Canadian. She also works at Kahunas. She and her boyfriend are always scouting about for ways to make money. I messaged her suggesting maybe they start a personal/targeted shopping business. Like running to IKEA, Jumbo, LaSirena, all kinds of places for smaller items, groceries, hardware, pool supplies, and bringing them back to Sosua/Cabarete. I also suggested assembling  IKEA and Wayfair furniture and charging. I think there might be several people like me who would use their services. She takes PayPal for the food already.
Is this something any of you would use?

-@Brewpub56

I think that is a yes. We are always in need of household stuff from the capital and wouldn't mind paying a modest fee for delivery. I think to be successful one would need a decent size panel van, and of course be willing to drive all over the place here, which is not something I personally would want to do. Driving behavior here is horrible and and the risk too high, but hats off to them if they want to do this.

Having that kind of service out of Santo Domingo is certainly an option!

@ddmcghee

That's too bad. Seems a pretty easy way to make money. She never replied so Im guessing it sounded too much like work! Lol

@ddmcghee
That's too bad. Seems a pretty easy way to make money. She never replied so Im guessing it sounded too much like work! Lol

-@Brewpub56

Just being honest. Hope we didn't scare her.  1f609.svg

Actually she replied right after I answered you. They're sending me a price tomorrow to go to IKEA for me.

Actually she replied right after I answered you. They're sending me a price tomorrow to go to IKEA for me.

-@Brewpub56

1f44d.svg

Success! After a phone call to my credit card, and to IKEA-Santiago, I charged my 2 tables to my US credit card. I provided the sales receipt and proper proof of identification to my friend and she picked up in Santiago and will bring back to Sosua. She was making the trip anyway.

I'm still waiting to hear if my oven purchase in Santo Domingo was successful.