Building Permit

Hello,

I have land and a beginning farm in Humacao, but haven't built a house yet. I found one builder that I like so far. I also have a finalized drawing done on a computer program. It's a simple 40x40 concrete block house with a concrete roof. The builder had a company that handled the permits, but the architect was too busy to mess with my project when he could work on something more expensive.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Since you have your own drawings have you considered ICF construction?

@mtorres1131 at one time I did, but it's more expensive than what I can get a block house done for. I'll also be doing a lot of interior work myself as well as painting.  I'm an agricultura, so my budget is small.

More expensive? interesting. From what I've researched ICF has an advantage on labor because of the speed of construction with the use of the forms and micro rebar. Also energy consumption is less long term because of the insulation. (shit, sounds like I work for an ICF company)

I'm not against block builds. Casa Mi Anhelo seems to be pretty affordable and they can connect you with engineers and builders. Thanks for sharing your real time stories. I hope to learn myself from your experiences.