Immigration Translation Documents

How much do certified translation companies charge per page for immigration documents in Santo Domingo? I would like to know because our lawyer sent us a quote from a translation company (that they have been using) that charges $35 per page plus $15 per legalization document. It is more than double what we paid for in the US.  *Background story* our lawyer told us that our certified US translation would not work for the DR, which we paid over $300 for in the US. Hence, the translation cost issue. 

TIA

@ncetienne  ***

Moderated by Bhavna last month
Reason : Self-promotion
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

You have to be recognized by the Dominican government  and perhaps even live here from what I understand.

It's 18 pages in total…

There are accepted, authorized translators. You have to use one of them.

@planner Sure, I just want to know if I was overcharged and if there's anyone from the expat group who has a similar experience here.

Each certified translator and company can have their own rates. They can charge by page or by word count. They can offer  volume discounts. So, in a word, I do not know if you were over charged.

Why Ysenovalle's post is still shown as "under review"? Did she say something wrong? ADMINISTRATION???

we have a rule against  self promotion.   Poster is welcome to place the info in the classified and business directory.

@ncetienne oh wow did I I don't know. Please let me know if I said something wrong it was just trying to help.

All good.

I think that price is too high, especially for the legalization. Cancilleria is about $700 pesos per page. Find a local lawyer, someone you can trust, and they will have someone that can do the translations. I've paid $2000 pesos per page and was never charged on the type of document, just per pages. Good luck.

Just for clarity, you had US certified translations which were not accepted? Did you also have the translations apositilled?

i was told by the US dominican consulate that all papers had to be translated by a dominican. 

@Tripp789

Did the US consulate provide the translation service for you?

The place I have been going to for years charges 500-700 pesos

@ncetienne

you are def being overcharged