The issue of visa renewal.

Hello everyone,

I would like to consult experienced individuals here regarding some issues with visa renewal.

Let me introduce my situation first. My family of three obtained a two-year temporary visa for Ecuador in China. Our visas were processed in batches, resulting in my visa being successfully processed first, while my family's visas were completed several months later. After all of us received our visas, we traveled together to Ecuador. Now, I have not resided in Ecuador for the full 21 months required for visa renewal, only meeting the requirement of over 18 months. I anticipate encountering difficulties when it comes to renewing my visa. I hope to smoothly obtain a long-term visa, but my residency period falls short of 21 months. I previously received a reply from the authorities, with the key content as follows: 【For the purpose of continuity of stay, the foreign person may not be absent from the country for a period exceeding ninety (90) days during the entire validity period of their temporary residence visa. [emphasis added]】. I am unsure if I will be able to obtain a permanent visa smoothly. I would greatly appreciate any advice or suggestions. Thank you all!