KRAP (CB radio) and other radio related stuff

On August 1 2004, Ministerial Decree No. 77/2004 was implemented as a replacement for the Decree of the Director General of Post and Telecommunication No. 92/DIRJEN/94. Through KM 77 Chapter V article 28 it is stipulated that KRAP carries out duties in 2 bands, namely;
1. VHF band 140.7875 Mhz to 143.7875 Mhz
2. HF band 26,960 Mhz to 27,410 Mhz

https://rapi.or.id/ad-art-rapi/

The upshot is, if you want CB in Indonesia, you join RAPI.

As a bonus, you can also operate legally on a small part of the VHF spectrum

They can be contacted here -  jz00zzz@rapi.or.id

Just as a note, 11 is wide open at the moment.

@Fred

A little off topic but are there plans in Indonesia to introduce DAB broadcasting?

@Fred

A little off topic but are there plans in Indonesia to introduce DAB broadcasting?

-@Lotus Eater

I have heard nothing. DAB, much as I love it, requires a network of transmitters to work, and that's getting to be redundant tech now.

@Fred

DAB+ adoption in Indonesia was confirmed in August 2023, with the publication of the "Regulation of the Minister of Communication and Informatics No. 5 of 2023 on Master Plan and Operational Technical Provisions for the Use of Radio Frequency Spectrum for the Purpose of Radio Broadcasting Services Through Terrestrial Media". The document sets out that "VHF Band III in the 202-230 MHz radio frequency range uses digital technology standards based on Digital Audio Broadcasting (DAB+)," and this will be used for the public broadcaster Radio Republik Indonesia.

Looking forward to hearing my favourite Jakarta radio station, Brava Radio 103.8FM in glorious digital quality :)

Now we are off topic ......... but it's still radio 1f600.svg

I'm listening to Brava right now

https://bravaradio.com/streaming/

Seems they have an app as well.

However, I'm a boring old fart

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_fourfm

I bought a DAB in the UK. It's pretty good but streaming is far easier now we have that new fangled interweb thing.

I have a very reasonable BT speaker - it sounds great.

I changed the thread title so we aren't off topic any more 1f604.svg

I bought a DAB in the UK. It's pretty good but streaming is far easier now we have that new fangled interweb thing.I have a very reasonable BT speaker - it sounds great.        -@Fred

Spoilt for choice wherever you live in the world as long as you have an internet connection. To some extent DAB has been leapfrogged by streaming which often has a higher bit rate. UK DAB has focused on quantity over quality in contrast to most other European countries. I think you need a minimum of 192KBPS with DAB. Hopefully the Indonesian radio regulating body will specify this as a requirement.

I listen to Radio 4 on DAB in my kitchen as its a more robust signal than FM. Most DAB listening, at least in the UK, is done in the car.