BPJS for KITAS/KITAP Holders

Hello,

Does anyone know whether Kitas and Kitap holders are covered by Bpjs for medical treatment?

Thank you.

On a married kitap , theoretically , you should get bpjs , unfortunately there is different appliation of the rules at various bpjs offices around the archipeligo .

scouser59 wrote:

On a married kitap , theoretically , you should get bpjs , unfortunately there is different appliation of the rules at various bpjs offices around the archipeligo .

Right,.
U can have BPJS of u work for an Indonesian Company, ur employeer must apply and pay out for u.

correct

Thanks guys.

I'm on a spouse sponsored Kitap as my wife is local and I am not working. So basically you are saying that I need to go to my local BPJS office and see whether or not they allow me to register with them?

No, u can get BPJS only if ur wife work for an Indonesian Company, his employee or the human ressorce must apply for it, u will registered under ur wife.

Thanks Marcello for the clear answer.

sorry marcello that is not  correct , my wife does not work and iv had bpjs since it started , I applied myself with all the relevant docs ,unfortunately now it is not so easy ,as iv read on various forums around these islands .

I would suggest you go to the bpjs office with your wife , you have the right to bpjs with your itap married , make sure you have the relevant docs ,ya it will take a few hours .

Best of luck and let us know your progress.

Ps if you have a problem at the office ,your wife might try PERCA the mixed married group ,they have assisted a few people I know .

scouser59 wrote:

sorry marcello that is not  correct , my wife does not work and iv had bpjs since it started , I applied myself with all the relevant docs ,unfortunately now it is not so easy ,as iv read on various forums around these islands .

I would suggest you go to the bpjs office with your wife , you have the right to bpjs with your itap married , make sure you have the relevant docs ,ya it will take a few hours .

Best of luck and let us know your progress.

Ps if you have a problem at the office ,your wife might try PERCA the mixed married group ,they have assisted a few people I know .

The law changed in 2019, now foreigner can get BPJS only if they work for an Indonesian Company or, in case they are married with an Indonesian, only if the wife work for an Indonesian Company if on Kitas or providing
  kartu keluarga and E-KTP. The OP said that he got a Kitap and he is working, so if the Kitap is a working Kitap, the employer must apply, if its a family Kitap, he can apply if he have Kartu keluarga and E-KTP, plus the right form and the other documents required

News to me, the law change , my nieghbor got bpjs last year ,with the help of perca, his wife is not working and he is on pension ,he is on a kitap married .

Do you have a copy of the law change ?

I try to keep up with the laws re mixed marraige , help others with information if I can , as I have been helped over the years with info on the forums here .

At the followi link Is axplained wich foreigner can apply to BPJS and its mentioned the relative law.
Tecnicaly, retired foreigner cannot apply to BPJS, but if in a mixer marriage and if they have Kartu keluarga and E-KTP they could, depends from the region.
https://www.expat.or.id/medical/registr … ystem.html

Yep , that is the problem ,from area to area there are differences in application .

I would still suggest wyngrove 60 contacts perca via his wife to see if they can assist with his application, they have had bpjs officers at their meetings in bali to assist perca members to join .

Hi guys. Just an update to my situation.

My wife went to our BPJS office this morning and she was told that I can get BPJS. Even if she is not working at all then that's alright because it would come under Individual registration rather than Company registration.

The most important is that I have the Kitap and I need to be mentioned in the family book, which I am. She didn't ask about Kitas.

I know this is quite an important issue, so I'll be happy to update the forum on my progress and whether or not I succeed to get BPJS. I am still not convinced that I will get it, but I will try.

Good luck !

wyngrove60 wrote:

Hi guys. Just an update to my situation.

My wife went to our BPJS office this morning and she was told that I can get BPJS. Even if she is not working at all then that's alright because it would come under Individual registration rather than Company registration.

The most important is that I have the Kitap and I need to be mentioned in the family book, which I am. She didn't ask about Kitas.

I know this is quite an important issue, so I'll be happy to update the forum on my progress and whether or not I succeed to get BPJS. I am still not convinced that I will get it, but I will try.

Ya, worth a try anyway.

Thanks guys! I'm about 50% confident that I will get it, but I can imagine arriving there with my documents and being told the bad news. Still, will let you know....

any updates? My situation; based in Jakarta, my wife is sponsor, I have unlimited KITAP and e-ktp. Wife and daughter BPJS, while BPJS has rejected my request (working on contract basis outside Indonesia)

bennl wrote:

any updates? My situation; based in Jakarta, my wife is sponsor, I have unlimited KITAP and e-ktp. Wife and daughter BPJS, while BPJS has rejected my request (working on contract basis outside Indonesia)

u should request BPJS for you under ur wife, not sure if they require also Katu Keluarga, unfortunally some ofiices handle the request in a different way compared with others.

Tx Marcello for your quick response, as I mentioned we have already tried everything but in Jak the response is crystal clear; only is you're employed in Indonesia (working permit for 6 months as a minimum) and it needs to be arranged through your employer. Contacted PerCa, and waiting for a response.

bennl wrote:

Tx Marcello for your quick response, as I mentioned we have already tried everything but in Jak the response is crystal clear; only is you're employed in Indonesia (working permit for 6 months as a minimum) and it needs to be arranged through your employer. Contacted PerCa, and waiting for a response.

Ok, keep us informed about how it will go, would be very interesting to know if that office is making a mistake.

Will do

I have contacted admin PerCa, which is apparently non profit. I do not mind to pay the relatively small register and annual fees, but I would be very interested to hear from any of the forum readers what PerCa can and will actually do to assist? I am just wondering if they will get actively involved or not, it seems clear that PerCa is connected.

bennl wrote:

I have contacted admin PerCa, which is apparently non profit. I do not mind to pay the relatively small register and annual fees, but I would be very interested to hear from any of the forum readers what PerCa can and will actually do to assist? I am just wondering if they will get actively involved or not, it seems clear that PerCa is connected.

I never used PerCa, but Scouser59 said that they have had bpjs officers at their meetings in bali to assist perca members to join he is a reliable man, so I think it worth a try.

We will visit the BPJS office probably next week. According to my wife's visit  several weeks ago, the only thing they require is the Kitap. I will update on whether I get it or not next week. Again, I am not working and neither is my wife so it would be under an independent application rather than a company/job related one. I will be amazed if they give it to me, but should know next week. The alternative is paying Rp20 million to one of the big insurance companies.

What is your location? Re the 20 jutta insurance; that probably would give you a very basic package.

Just wanted to clarify that yes you can get BPJS with a spousal Kitas/Kitap even if neither of you are working or have a tax number. You need to apply in the city where your KTP was issued and you need to apply for the whole family (wife and kids). However, as pointed out by some members, it might depend on how willing the authorities are in your city, but for me, it was a very simple process.

Got my BPJS yesterday, pay x-amount per month, which is nothing when compared to what you pay for private insurance, no doubt the quality is less but I will accept that. Don't know about the rest of the reading audience here but I don't need a VIP private room with fresh flowers every day. ✌🏻

Thanks for your info  roughly how much do you  pay per month as reference

Cheers
Paul

there are 2 classes from what I understand from the Mrs., who has arranged all; either Rp.100.000 or Rp.150.000 per month per family member

Thanks for the update

✌🏻

I think there used to be 3 classes, but it's very possible there are only two now - I haven't checked.
I pay 150,000/month/person = 450,000/month.
It's charity if you aren't ill, but very handy if you are.  I believe the various class differences show up in the type of room you get, but also the cost limitations you have.
The main difference over private insurance is the queues and general service. BPJS have to wait, but you get to the front service when you either pay or have expensive insurance.

I've had BPJS for years but not used it for myself. I duffed up my leg in a pretty epic way but I paid cash to get to the front of the queue - I couldn't be bothered messing around. It was so cheap, it hardly mattered.

M last medical need was a dentist but I was working for a company that  had medical with a 90% discount off bills. That worked out silly cheap so I went with it.

My daughter has a problem at the moment that we are using BPJS for - we have to queue but the doctor is excellent and doing a great job. Her medication is covered. The 150,000/month I pay for her has been a terrific deal.

In south bali almost no qs , and more hospitals than you can imagine , 10 within 15 km .

Works fine for us .

You're right, I've verified, there are 3 classes, the two amounts I mentioned earlier plus Rp.42,000 pm

yesterday we joined a PerCa (mixed marriages) Zoom meeting (lasted 2 hours) listening to the head and a spv. of BPJS. Interesting, What they clearly mentioned is that the whole family needs to be on the same KK, I do not know if this was ever different in the past. Another thing that might be useful; if you are leaving on a trip for > 6 months, you can pause your membership (and payment), all you need to show is your ticket for the minimum duration of those 6 months. I know that's not a huge amount of money but will suffice to buy you some coffees on your trip 🤘🏻.

Thanks to benni for the above. As I'm Indonesian now, I'm getting more and more out of date with some of the issues expats face so your posts are exceptionally welcome.
Perhaps it's getting closer to the time I should hang up my hat.

Hi guys,

I just did this.

I am in bali with Indonesian wife and son. Moved from Jakarta.

I went to head office bpjs in sempidi.

Had to bring

KTP copy (mine, not wife)

Kart keluarga copy

Bank account number

Passport

Downloaded Mobile Jkn app and set it up. The app has all of our 3 bpjs cards on it.

Very simple.

I chose class 1 the highest (150,000).

They pointed out that my wife and son had class 3. As we are 1 family I had to upgrade them to class 1 if I wanted to be class 1.

Whole process took about 15 mins.

The office was empty. Very good, quick service . I was dreading the experience but it went very smoothly.

We now have BPJS. Our BPJS gets charged to my credit card every month. While I use BPJS sometimes, I also pay myself sometimes in order to speed things up. That means paying for X-rays on the spot instead of having to come back in 2 weeks for an appointment under BPJS. Also I see a dermatologist and always pay myself. BPJS is fine but it sure is slow. We also have Class 1 for all the family, which means if you get hospitalized you stay in a ward with 3 or 6 beds instead of one with many more beds. As far as treatment goes, I'm told that there is no difference between Class 3 and Class 1.

Hello how did you get the KTP

as a Foreigner?

Thanks

Sarah