DOT service dog form

We are possibly moving to vieques for husbands job, the new problem we are encountering is we have a service dog, so obviously through the planning and researching I find out that we have to have a dot form for him to fly. Alright, awesome I'll fill out all I need to. I open the form to fill out, it has zero directions on where to send it(pretty sure I have to send it to the airlines somehow?) and it says that it expires on December 31st 2023. Does anyone have any information, or has anyone filled out that form that can try and help explain that to me? It makes  it sound like after December 31st theyre no longer accepting that form and I'm 100 percent screwed on being able to fly with my service dog.  I just wish there was an easier way to get these questions answered by the dot.  I've tried to google it to no avail.

The form is given to the airline when you check in.

I understand that, but what does the expiration date mean ? It says "the authority for the collection expires December 31st 2023" and I can't find any explanations as to what that means

Who knows, are you traveling before or after the end of the year? im sure all that is doing is allowing rhe process to be re-evaluated or the requirements redefined annually 🤷‍♀️.If you have a true ”service dog” vs an emotional support dog it will be impossible for them to limit the travel for a service dog - they continue to try to separate and limit the emotional support dogs. i know the airlines are very knowledgeable in these changes, id recommend calling them or the DOT directly. 

It depends on the airline you are flying.  You need to fill out and submit the form to the airline at least 48 hours before your flight.  Emotional support dogs no longer fly based on that form and must meet additional requirements. 

Jet Blue has outsourced the review to a separate organization that vets the request and issues an id number that you can use for future flights.  You must go to a special site with the number 48 hours before your flight.  They send you an approval which you must take to the Jetblue special services counter.  They issue you a new boarding pass allowing the service animal to board.   The application is here:  https://traveller-app.opendoorsnfp.org/home   This service is used by a couple of airlines in addition to Jetblue.

You have to be VERY specific in answering the question "What does the animal do for you?"  Google for proper responses to this question. 

We fly Southwest. you can complete the form beforehand by contacting your airline…

Southwest makes you file the form ANNUALLY. i am guessing the document date is for the form. You just need to call and get a new form for the year 2024.

its not that they wont accept your service animal, but that the airline form needs to be filked out annually.

call your customer support line at your airlines. we submit our form at the check in counter for the flight, when you get your boarding passes. when you fly with animals, you need to check in manually. they tag the carriers and give you a pass for your animal too.

hope this helps