Blackouts in Cuenca

Can someone familiar w the blackouts in Cuenca please describe their frequency and length, and whether security issues such as looting or break-ins have occurred during them?

THERE IS A water shortage and the power here is either geo thermal or hydro so everyone on the coast has rolling balckouts for 2 hrs a day mon thru thurs . they said but christmas they will have power plants on ships at places along the coast to suply the power

The schedule changes by day, unfortunately.  This is because they closely monitor the situation and try not to do a blackout if possible. 

Currently, they are lengths of 2 hours, 8-10, 10-12, 12-2, 2-4, and 4-6.  No night time or weekend blackouts.  Occasionally they delete the 8-10 blackout.  This information could change by the upcoming week.  Most people can go to a website, enter their account number and find out what's the schedule.

https://www.centrosur.gob.ec/consulta-avanzada/

Replace (DOT) with an actual .

As to impact, I have not really noticed any, other than occasional craziness at intersections when the light is out.  Sometimes restaurants will have limited offerings if you go while they're under blackout.  Some buildings, including mine, has a backup generator that works exceptionally well.

But I haven't really observed any blackout related crime problems in Cuenca.