Long shot!Travel companion

I am aware this is a very long shot but nevertheless here it is!

My dad is looking for someone that would be willing to take him overland from England to Bulgaria along with his well behaved dog for 2 to 3 months stay.

He very sadly and unexpectedly lost his Bulgarian wife at the end of 2021 and has cancelled numerous flights as he has a fear of flying, he wants to have a long stay with her family.

He will have all the necessary documentation for himself and the dog and would like to go anytime from mid-November 2023, no set dates and is willing to pay.

Thanks, hope somebody can help!

Hey , does he just need someone to fly with him or have I read this wrong?

@jwalls9 He has booked that many flights and ended up cancelling them because he has a very bad fear of flying and can't bring himself to even go in the airport anymore, I don't even want to think of the amount of money he's wasted on flights. He wants to travel overland with someone who is willing to drive there, he did have someone lined up but they have let him down.

@RachelG1980

Hi Rachel, does your dad have a car or use of one ?

Hi, yes he has his own car. He is a very anxious person and will not drive himself. He had someone lined up to drive him there using his car and planned to keep the car there with him and they were going to fly back to England.

@RachelG1980

my husband may be able to help your dad, he has driven to Bulgaria and back 5 times now to move us here, on the last trip carrying our 3 dogs, I have only recently hounded this site so don't know how to privately message to keep details private, do you ?

@pomorieprincess

joined not hounded 😹

@pomorieprincess that would be brilliant if you could help. I'll have a look at how to privately message.

@RachelG1980

Hi, if you would like to discuss your father and his dog joining my wife and I when we travel in November please give me a call on ***. Regards, Martin

Moderated by Bhavna 9 months ago
Reason : Contact details should be sent in inbox
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@RachelG1980
Hi, if you would like to discuss your father and his dog joining my wife and I when we travel in November please give me a call on 0***. Regards, Martin
-@hallmichelle467

Thank you, I will pass on your message to my dad.

@pomorieprincess If you look in the top right hand corner of any forum page, there's a row of icons. The left hand one looks like a chat bubble. That's the one. Then you just start a new message and use Rachel's forum name in the "Send to" box.

Good luck..i have travelled many times to and through bg  as a truck driver..my wife is a bgn too. We have driven here many times.

We live in pomorie..but go back in sept

Its not going to be a cheap trip..so your best bet is to take up the offer of sharing one vehicle...dont know about documents for the dog..as they only last a few months..and theres only 3 months to his journey.i believe..

Good luck anyway.

Thank you, he has looked into all the documentation and it is 4 months for the certificate for his dog.