Medical diagnostic tests costs Brasil?

Anyone know of a website that gives average prices of various tests in Brasil such as EKG and others?

Thanks.

Anyone know of a website that gives average prices of various tests in Brasil such as EKG and others?
Thanks.
-@ExpatUSATravels

There are no competitive pricing posted anyhwere.

If you are good at publishing a blog, and a vlog, here's an endeavor you can actually puruse. Helping your "Compadres" to navigate the Brazilian Private and Public Health Care mazeway.You might make some money out of it. 

Took my mother for a spine CAT Scan, several shots, ( hips, lower and upper spine ) , at the local Rotary Club sponsored non profit clinic, out of pocket, R$ 2,400.00.   Consultation R$ 300. X Ray, R$ 149,00. 

Through SUS ( Public Universal Health Care )  would be free of charge, perhaps through the same clinic, on a referral, but we had some urgency. Anything through the SUS is an ordeal, and if you can't pull strings, you will be bounced around. 

Also, avoid anything from Rio de Janeiro like a plague.  Private or Public, your template is...

Minas Gerais

Goias

Sao Paulo

Rio Grande do Sul

Santa Catarina

Parana

Everything else is second best, at best.  At worst, it is a slaughterhouse.

07/26/23 @ExpatUSATravels.  Aside from the critiques of Rio and anywhere in the country north of Belo Horizonte, @sprealestatebroker is right: the information is variable and largely unavailable. Moreover medical pricing, like medical care itself, is extremely regional, so even if national data existed, it wouldn't do you much good anyway. The best you can probably do is to call around locally for quotes.

Good private health plans generally cover the cost of tests that they authorize, as SUS does but without the wait. Mine sometimes prints a "would have cost" amount on the results (not consistently), but I'm not sure how credible it is.

My ENT doc charged me R$410 for an initial consult three years ago. An allergist quoted me R$500 for a consult this year. Allergy tests were R$260 at a lab. A lumbar MRI was R$800. Orthopedist charged me R$220 to explain the MRI results. Initial consult with the orthopedist was free under SUS. I live in Ilhéus.

Thanks.
-@ExpatUSATravels

I am quite sure the costs are very regional, state by state and city by city. Sadly, I have never seen any means of comparing healthcare costs. If this is of any help to you, my Urologist and dentist/oral surgeon are in SP. I hold both in admiration for their knowledge and bedside personalities as well as providing a high standard of care. I have annual blood panels taken, kidney function tests, and sonograms of my kidneys and prostate in private labs, using a few different labs over the years. I have had surgery in what I consider to be one of the finest hospitals I have been in and my own history/background is in science and medicine in the USA where I still get talked into teaching some pre-med science. Oswaldo Cruz Hospital in SP is a fantastic, state-of-the-art facility. https://www.hospitaloswaldocruz.org.br/o-hospital/ I can provide my costs to you if they are of any benefit. I have always paid in cash.

I was recently doing some research on self insuring vs purchasing health insurance.  I came across these links.  I'm not sure how valid the information is, and some are older than others.

https://www.hospitaledmundovasconcelos.com.br/assets/doc/Tabela_Preco_Particular.pdf

https://www2.fab.mil.br/ciaar/images/sds/edital_credenciamento_2016/ANEXO_A.pdf

https://sindimedmt.com.br/Ver/696/no-sus-ou-em-hospital-particular-quanto-custa-um-dia-de-internacao-em-uma-uti

https://blog.bidu.com.br/diaria-de-uti/

https://www.scielo.br/j/anp/a/4JmvfY4DqZgMvZsLPmBZM6s/?lang=en

I believe I turned most of these up by searching for "quanto custa hospital particular" or "preco hospital particular"

My Two Cents.... I am in Ceara, Northern Brazil This is what I have had done with the location in parenthesis. Followed by the cost.

• General Visit (Camocim) incl. blood test, urine, poo, poo        R$ 1,300
  • Colonoscopy (Sobral)                                                              R$ 1,000
  • Endoscopy (Sobral)                                                                 R$    400

The first one seemed like an advanced Urgent Care. The next two were done at a state of the art hospital.

Roddie in Retirement1f575.svg

@roddiesho New Visit

• Blood Test (Camocim)                                     $R 140
  • XRay (Camocim) - Observed Price)                $R  80

There is the website you can search for: Labi Exames.

It is a lab chain with branches in SP and RJ. Found it useful because, unlike some labs which tell you to "contact for a quote" with all your private information, this one has price lists for all types of tests they offer, without even creating an account. They ask for a doctor's request only needed if you want to use an insurance discount, otherwise it's just walk in, pay & have the tests.

I found the price list pretty useful to have an idea about how much it should cost anywhere else too, more or less.

@roddiesho Last Visit.

• Cardio Exam (Sobral)                                       $ R        500
  • Hospital Operation (2 day stay) (Sobral)          $ R $11,000

Prices are all over the map. They vary from city to city, doctor to doctor, clinic to clinic. Some large private clinics, like the one I frequent in Salvador, offer an attractive "subscription" that for a relatively small fee gives you a discount on doctor visits and on some services. I pay R$150 a year and that reduces the cost of my visits by 50%. It also halves the costs of ECGs and similar tests. This is a clinic with dozens of doctors of all specialities. I happen to have private insurance that isn't accepted by this clinic, but because it's very close and very good I often prefer to pay them than to seek out more distant clinics that accept my insurance.