Study Visa Questions

Hello!

Back with another challenging question. I just did a webinar with SIRI for foreign nationals studying in Denmark and they say to apply ASAP. However, for Canada you finalize the application with VFS Global. They tell me I shouldn't book an appointment earlier than June 1 (three months before study date). In my mind this is way too late because I have to have housing and everything set up in August for my CPR, bank account, ect. I don't want to be on the edge in August not sure when I'm getting the visa or should book my flight.

Is VFS just recommending this for no reason? I'm so confused! Maybe someone knows here.

Julia

Hi JuliaMarie42,

If SIRI recommends you to apply ASAP, I would follow that advice.

But why pay an agency for its services instead of making the paperwork yourself? It shouldn't be necessary.

https://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-GB

/Nellie

@Nellie Berg I have to pay them for the biometrics. There's no other option (we can't go to an embassy for some reason). So, I think in theory what I am doing is I am finishing the application online, but they are finalizing it by sending my biometrics and apparently they need to send my passport to the embassy - I think actually it goes to the one in New York because none of the Canadian ones do it.

It's very, very confusing!

Hello

My name is Cyrile and I'm 19 years old and I live in the Faroe Islands. I hold a permanent residency with my family ( family reunification ) I have been wanting to study in Denmark in a vocational school and I have applied for dispensation in order not to loose my residency in the Faroe Islands and I have also applied for study visa which I found out that I have forgotten to pay the fee so they have closed my application. I called SIRI to reopen or if possible apply again for the application. They said even if I apply again it will be rejected because I hold a family reunification in the Faroe Islands.

I will kindly ask if you know what I can do with my situation to study in Denmark.

Hi cyrilemanuel6,

SIRI is the expert on this topic.

I am not an expert! However, as I read the requirements

(https://www.nyidanmark.dk/da/Du-vil-ans … 0640BF361D)

you shall be an EU citizen (and the Faroe Islands aren't a member of the EC) to attend a vocational school.

If you don't feel that you have got a satisfactory answer from SIRI when you called them, I would call them again and ask them to explain in details why and why not.

/Nellie