Limited single permit with illimited job market

Hi,

I have a limited single permit and I get an illimited job market (marche de travail illimité) in my residence id (titre de sejour).

Can I change my employer without changing the single permit?

Your new employer must secure a new work permit (authorization for you).

@Mounir kamel Yes! You can change employer because you have access to the labor market without restrictions

@Aneesh I understood the opposite: job market without restrictions means that one does not need a work permit and can work by any employer, but one still needs to work to stay in Belgium with A card

@Aneesh if employer needs to apply for single permit then whats the advantage of having unlimited work permit?

@maharaji1984 You can request an "unlimited single permit" if you can justify several years of employment covered by a single permit or a work permit, over a period of ten years of lawful and uninterrupted residence in Belgium immediately preceding the application.

more details in this link : https://economy-employment.brussels/single-permit-unlimited

The first time application of single permit is done by the employer.

more details in this link : https://economy-employment.brussels/single-permit-work-permit

@maharaji1984 with unlimited work permit you can change employer without new permit request by employer.This is the main difference between limited single permit A vs unlimited single permit. You can basically work for any employer in Belgium

@Viswesh Indeed. But the message of Annesh indicates opposite.

Your new employer must secure a new work permit (authorization for you).

-@Aneesh

@maharaji1984 Probably, it was a mistake. I am sure that with unlimited work permit you can change employer without new work permit being initiated. You can find this information in the websites.

@Viswesh regarding to this, for how long A card  will be valid?

@maharaji1984 One year. Back side will have label: "labor market: unlimited". A card is renewed at your municipality, and it is required to submit valid work contract, recent payslips and a document received when unlimited working right was granted (you keep that one and use it with every A card extension). Municipality will forward your request to Brussels where you "residence permit" needs to be approved. After residence is approved, you will receive Annex 46.

Procedure is similar to normal combined permit extension, with step to approve work permit is skipped.

@residencecuriousity thank you

Please I need an explication of how to get a single permit (step by step).

urgently please !

@dounianachit1999

1- Your sponsor (employeer)will apply for an application form for your single permit.(May been asked health report and other documents from origin country)

2-This will be approved by authorities and you will be informed by your employeer.

3-You will get Single Permit and Annex 46 for getting your A Card.

3-a-If you are not in BE you will get a D type of visa and will come to BE.

4-With SP and Annex 46 you will go to municipality to get your A Card.

5-There you will provide your Health insurance,Address,Visa D etc details and  they will give you an Annex 15

6-Meanwhile police will visit your address where you have declerated that living.

7-You will recieve a letter which contains pin and puk codes of your A card and a reservation to pick up your A Card.

8-Go to municipality and collect your card.

@maharaji1984

Thanks mahraji, 👍👍

Hello,

My wife (as a non-Eu) had worked for three years as a post-doctoral (work permit under hosting agreement) in Belgium and is now living for one more year of searching for a job. I have heard that after three or four years, she can apply for an unlimited single permit by herself just by providing documents to the commune. is that right?

@Kanban63

Hello and welcome on board !

Please note that I have moved your post to this thread of the Belgium forum so that you may gather some infos.

I would suggest that you read the thread from the begining and have a look at the following : https://economy-employment.brussels/sin … -unlimited

It will depend on her country of origin.

All the best

Bhavna

@Bhavna

Thanks for your reply. I didn't understand. In that link, I just mentioned some countries that are not among my nationalities, but a friend of mine from Ecadur got it after studying for 8 years. Do you think that the list of countries is updated but didn't mention more countries? 

Bests

POAL