NMC registered nurse working in Germany

Since June 2023 I am working as a theater nurse in Germany. Before that I have lived 20 years in United Kingdom and I am a NMC registered nurse. NMC - Nurse and Midwifery Council, UK.

Now re-validation in UK is due. I do not want to loose my registration in case I manage to return to UK.

For the re-validation  I need a NMC registered nurse to have my reflective discussion with.

Does anybody have the same problem and found a solution?

Since June 2023 I am working as a theater nurse in Germany. Before that I have lived 20 years in United Kingdom and I am a NMC registered nurse. NMC - Nurse and Midwifery Council, UK.Now re-validation in UK is due. I do not want to loose my registration in case I manage to return to UK. For the re-validation  I need a NMC registered nurse to have my reflective discussion with. Does anybody have the same problem and found a solution?        -@rakhtar64

Sounds like the kind of thing you need to post on the UK forum rather than the Germany forum. And if you spent 20 years in the UK why is your English so bad?

thanks for your friendly reply

Since June 2023 I am working as a theater nurse in Germany. Before that I have lived 20 years in United Kingdom and I am a NMC registered nurse. NMC - Nurse and Midwifery Council, UK.
Now re-validation in UK is due. I do not want to loose my registration in case I manage to return to UK.
For the re-validation  I need a NMC registered nurse to have my reflective discussion with.
Does anybody have the same problem and found a solution?

-@rakhtar64

The first thing that comes to mind would be a former colleague of yours.

Do you not have anyone you could call from a job you left less than a year ago?

Or could you contact your last UK employer?

@ALKB

Thank you for your reply.

The thing is I managed to get on the NMC register in UK because I was planning to work in UK.

But then the sudden separation from my husband forced me back to Germany.

In case I want to go back to UK where my family lives, I need to keep my registration active.

For this I need to do a procedure called revalidation.

There are 8 chapters I need to fulfill to pass the revalidation procedure.

I can do most of them, but at the end a NMC registered nurse or midwife needs to do a reflective discussion with me and sign off my paper work.

I have never worked in England - so no former colleagues. My German colleagues cannot help as they are not NMC registered and there is nothing similar in the German system.

Most probably I will lose my registration because I cannot find  a UK/NMC registered nurse from Germany.

When I called NMC they advised me to search for colleagues on an Expat website.

As I am German living in Germany I do not really belong on any Expat forum, neither UK expat nor German Expat.

Just would like to keep my options open for the future, in case I want to move back to UK.

@rakhtar64

Have you tried the UK forum?

Are there UK medical forums that could help?

I know there are or at least used to be PLAB forums for overseas candidates preparing for the exams. Maybe something similar exists for nursing?

@ALKB

thank you. I will try that.

Have a nice day.