Applying Visa with New System Online Payment Issue

I tried applying for a relative. Here's my experience. New link very easy to navigate (though a bit slow): https://dichvucong.bocongan.gov.vn/boco … matt=26277

It does allow multiple entry for $50. The problem is that visa usage validity is only for 90 days. At least the date field that you have to submit for multiple cannot exceed 90 days. I was hoping for 1-year multiple entry.

After filling out the form. Received a confirmation email. Problem! The online payment link didn't work. Hopefully it will be working soon. I have three days to pay.

i submitted my application, but cant pay.

Whenever i click on "online payment" i get the same error "Payment path unknown!"

Anyone with the same issue? What to do?

@quik1 Short update:

For a very brief moment i could continue to the payment page.

That lasted for a few seconds and i got a new error that said "payment is being processed".

Which is obviously wrong since i didnt pay anything yet.

As of now it seems that my application is still there when i search it but i cant interact with it.

There are no buttons to click "pay" "details" or anything.

All i see is the application number followed by "-about:". the rest is empty.

Payment is ok now. You need to enter the query page and retrieve your file. Used Google Chrome browser. Only in Vietnamese no English. I tried several cards, but Vietcombank only accepts Mastercard. Payment successful. Application completed. Now waiting for visa issuance.

When you navigate the payment page, use Vietnamese. The English page only turns up empty.

yes, thats true. English page is empty and on the vietnamese page my application shows up.

But there is no payment button for me. Just "chi tiet" and "quy trinh".

Did you have a payment button and did you fill in the application on the vietnamese or english page?

@quik1

You don't go into the application folder to view details. On the first page, when it pulls up your record there should be a payment button. Just scroll down and it will  show payment option. I have already done it so cannot capture the screen and show you. Don't open the folder icon. I think there is a money icon for payment.

Solved!

Here is how.

When you fill out the application do not use the english translated page.

There will be no information about your application in the search at all.

The search page will be empty.

If you did use it however, like i did, and try to change the search page to vietnamese later you will see your application information, but there will be no payment button.

When you go inside your application you will see that on the english page all your filled out info is there but if you switch to vietnamese the system did not convert the info. So therefore your vietnamese application shows as empty and therefore that explains why the system will not give you a payment button.

So what is the solution?

1. Wait until the system gets fixed
  2. Fill out a new application on the vietnamese page from start to finish and you will see the payment button.

Anyone have the url to edit the new visa application?

No problem with payment for me in new system but can't download the Evisa which was granted with visa number (tried multiple browsers)

Tried the support line but nothing

Does anyone know if hsving the visa number and not the printout will be enough at departure airport( Brisbane ) and when I arrive in HVMC  airport ?

No problem with payment for me in new system but can't download the Evisa which was granted with visa number (tried multiple browsers)
Tried the support line but nothing
Does anyone know if hsving the visa number and not the printout will be enough at departure airport( Brisbane ) and when I arrive in HVMC airport ?
-@seaeagle08

Even if the airline carrier accepts your having only the visa number (which I suspect they would not), your next hurdle would be clearing VN customs and immigration upon arrival. How soon is your departure to VN? Got a day or two to sort this out?

Now, I'm curious as to whether this might help. I don't have my friend's visa approval yet so I can't try it myself.

On the 90 day application site when you choose the "Search" option at the top of page, and then after you enter the long string of letters and digits + the captcha code, change the language to Vietnamese. Your application/approval details should then appear. Then on the right side choose "Quy trình" (translation, "procedure").

Again, I'm not sure whether this will help or not.

You might also try searching here (Link), but I've got my doubts. Never know, though. Might work as the visa has been granted, and so my thinking is that once granted the whole of the immigration system should be aware.

Please let us know when you find a solution.

@seaeagle08 Have you checked your email?

My visa was attached to the result announcement email in pdf form

So my friend has a similar issue as seaeagle had.

If anyone knows how to solve it please let me know.

The visa was granted as we can see on the search page.

There was however no email with the visa attached as in my case.

When we click on "details" on the search page we get redirected to the full form right?

and there is the visa in a pdf file near the top under "file result".

We can click it and try to save the file but it says "access denied".

So.... my question is, how and where do we download that visa/pdf file???

So my friend has a similar issue as seaeagle had.
If anyone knows how to solve it please let me know.
The visa was granted as we can see on the search page.
There was however no email with the visa attached as in my case.
When we click on "details" on the search page we get redirected to the full form right?
and there is the visa in a pdf file near the top under "file result".
We can click it and try to save the file but it says "access denied".

So.... my question is, how and where do we download that visa/pdf file???
-@quik1

Your friend is not alone. Many, many reports on various sites are reporting the same trouble.

A Google search for "unable to download evisa Vietnam" will show you what I mean. (limit your search to "Past week")

How terribly frustrating this must be for so many people. This is probably related to the fact that the old/original site no longer links to the new site (now defunct?). See here (Link) for a recent post on this.

Tell your friend to try not to stress too much, as I'm sure immigration has been flooded with emails alerting them to this issue. Give it a day or two.

On again/Off again/On again (for now?)

For members who've been having trouble downloading their approved eVisa from the new application site, reports are now coming in of it (as of this moment, at least) being possible again.

Aaaaaand.... Off again

so, that access denied thing is a glich? and it will be fixed? my flight is in sept 8th. should i keep trying to download or reapply?  I applied for 4 visas. 3 returned by email but one didnt. now cant download that visa from online either. says access denied. this access denied is also showing for other visas that I received by email

did anyone had success using their email address or phone no?

thanks

so, that access denied thing is a glich? and it will be fixed? my flight is in sept 8th. should i keep trying to download or reapply? I applied for 4 visas. 3 returned by email but one didnt. now cant download that visa from online either. says access denied. this access denied is also showing for other visas that I received by email
did anyone had success using their email address or phone no?

thanks
-@Riotofcolor

Because immigration is going to be closed for 4 days over the holiday weekend and not processing anything, I highly advise you to contact a trustworthy Visa agent now. they can make sure that you have that Visa on the 5th if not before

@quik1

Has the saving/printing issue with the eVisa pdf file been cleared up for your friend?

@Aidan in HCMC Yes and no. 1f610.svg still unable to download and frustrated to sit in malaysia waiting, they decided to hire an agent. The agent got a new visa and my friend will fly in tomorrow.

@Aidan in HCMC Yes and no. 1f610.svg still unable to download and frustrated to sit in malaysia waiting, they decided to hire an agent. The agent got a new visa and my friend will fly in tomorrow.
-@quik1

Thank you for the update, quik1. Sorry to hear of that continued trouble, but happy to hear an agent managed to sort things out. May I ask the cost for the agent?

@Aidan in HCMC sure, it was 90$ for an express service including the 25$ visa fee.

We also have a visa problem. One visa arrived via email as a PDF and the other did not.At https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/g … thi-thucAt the same time, not a single visa is displayed, nor what we received.The page https://dichvucong.bocongan.gov.vn/ shows the information, there is also a link to the PDF, but when opened, both people get a 404 error, not found.This is not good.No one answers the phone and they don't respond to emails.

We also have a visa problem. One visa arrived via email as a PDF and the other did not.
At [link under review]

At the same time, not a single visa is displayed, nor what we received.

The page https://dichvucong.bocongan.gov.vn/ shows the information, there is also a link to the PDF, but when opened, both people get a 404 error, not found.

This is not good.

No one answers the phone and they don't respond to emails.
-@PJCZ

Hello PJCZ, and welcome to expat.com.

Sorry to hear of the frustrations you're experiencing, but as I'm sure you know from reading this forum, you are certainly not alone.

See my response to a member, here. (Link) Reading that thread in reverse order will bring you up-to-date on the trouble applicants have been experiencing.

Feel free to ask any further questions as they arise.

Again, welcome to expat.com.

I'm having the same issue as many others. I'm not even 100% sure the visa has been accepted but there's a file result that I cannot access do to a 403 access denied error.

@Luke Harr

Anybody know if there is a support email address?

@Luke Harr
Anybody know if there is a support email address?
-@Luke Harr

I'm assuming you've made your application through the new eVisa application portal, here. (Link)

A "whois" search of many different iterations of "https://dichvucong.bocongan.gov.vn/" all result in either "invalid domain name", or "unsupported domain name".

Best I found was;

"Cơ quan chủ quản: Văn phòng Chính phủ

www.dichvucong.gov.vn

Tổng đài hỗ trợ: 18001096

Email: dichvucong@chinhphu.vn"

(translation;

Managing agency: Government Office

www.dichvucong.gov.vn

Support switchboard: 18001096

Email: dichvucong@chinhphu.vn)

It's worth a try, but I certainly wouldn't hold out much hope for a response. If indeed you do receive something from your inquiries, it would be great to hear back from you about it. (I said before that I'd be gobsmacked to hear of anyone receiving a response)

This is turning into a definite PR failure for VN immigration.

I'm curious though. How is it that people are being directed to that new application portal, PUBLIC SERVICE PORTAL MINISTRY OF PUBLIC SECURITY? (Link to new app)

A Google search for "Vietnam visa ", or "Vietnam eVisa" (Links to Google results) shows as a first hit NATIONAL WEB PORTAL ON IMMIGRATION (Link to original application page). Reports are that it is still functional, and it no longer contains a link to the new portal. Interesting (to me, anyway).

@Aidan in HCMC

Thank you, Aidan. I have sent an email and althought it's unlikely, I'll post here if I get a response.

I heard about the new portal view a recent youtube video. It appears to be the first video result when searching for "90 day smart visa vietnam"

YouTube Video: youtube.com/watch?v=57DeO2gcBYk

I'm having the same issue as many others. I'm not even 100% sure the visa has been accepted but there's a file result that I cannot access do to a 403 access denied error.
-@Luke Harr

I forgot to mention this.

A member, quik1 , mentioned in a post that once you enter that long string of a code, G01.XXX.... , and the captcha code and then hit enter, if you then change the language to Vietnamese an update on your application process will show.

Give that a try.

This is the result I get:

- Đã trả kết quả

- Được cấp thị thực điện tử giá trị nhiều lần thời hạn từ: 09/11/2023 đến: 06/02/2024

Multiple-entry eVisa, valid from 09/11/2023 to 06/02/2024)

This translates to:

- Results returned

- Be issued an electronic visa with multiple validity periods from: November 9, 2023 to: February 6, 2024

Multiple-entry eVisa, valid from November 9, 2023 to February 6, 2024)

I assume that means my application was successful but without being able to access the PDF, I'm pretty stuck. I'll check for access each day for a couple of weeks and otherwise apply again visa an agency.

Thanks,

Luke

is it possible that using pop-up blockers is causing problems for some people?

This is the result I get:
- Đã trả kết quả
- Được cấp thị thực điện tử giá trị nhiều lần thời hạn từ: 09/11/2023 đến: 06/02/2024
Multiple-entry eVisa, valid from 09/11/2023 to 06/02/2024)

This translates to:

- Results returned
- Be issued an electronic visa with multiple validity periods from: November 9, 2023 to: February 6, 2024
Multiple-entry eVisa, valid from November 9, 2023 to February 6, 2024)

I assume that means my application was successful but without being able to access the PDF, I'm pretty stuck. I'll check for access each day for a couple of weeks and otherwise apply again visa an agency.

Thanks,
Luke

-@Luke Harr

Certainly reads as though it's been approved. Was the text in red? Several members have noted that once approved, the text appeared on the search page, bottom right, in red.

Hi, me and my girlfriend have the same problem. is there a fix for this problem? i tried changing the language but i still get a 403 error acces denied. I hope someone has the answer.

Hi, me and my girlfriend have the same problem. is there a fix for this problem? i tried changing the language but i still get a 403 error acces denied. I hope someone has the answer.   
    -@wouterk

Hello wouterk, and welcome to expat.com.

That "403" error appears when applicants attempt to open the folder on the bottom far right of the search results page. It is not affected, nor corrected unfortunately, by changing the page's language.

I'll assume that you have confirmation of your (and your girlfriend's) eVisa application having been approved. I'm told that the confirmation text will appear in red text, at the bottom of the Vietnamese language search page after entering your number G01.XXX..., entering the captcha code and then hitting enter. If so, then I'm very sorry to say that you are not alone in not being granted access to that folder.

If your travel date is soon, I would suggest you contact a trusted travel agent preferably, in my opinion, one from within VN as they have experience with this issue.

When you have time, it would be greatly appreciated if you would report back to the forum how this progresses for you and your GF. It would be of great help to others faced with the same frustration which you are experiencing.

If the visa has been approved but cannot be downloaded, we are currently looking for a Vietnamese travel agent to help obtain the file. The service fee is US$10. If your trip is going soon, this is an option.

I feel a little disappointed because this amounts to a distorted coffee tip.

@Aidan in HCMC Hi, my travel date is the 30th of september. I will give it some time but other wise find a different solution. If I have an update i will post it here!

@Blake Lai Hi, thanks for the respons. where can i find this agent? if we don't have the visa next week i might try it.

If the visa has been approved but cannot be downloaded, we are currently looking for a Vietnamese travel agent to help obtain the file. The service fee is US$10. If your trip is going soon, this is an option.
I feel a little disappointed because this amounts to a distorted coffee tip.

-@Blake Lai

Hello Blake Lai, and welcome to expat.com.

I must ask, if you "...are currently looking for a Vietnamese travel agent to help obtain the file", how is it that you are aware, currently, of the cost?

Well into September and it looks like people are still having issues with the new system. I have read over all the relevant threads I could find.

So it's just downloading the approved eVisa PDF that's the issue? No known workaround? Are payments working properly? I have a visa card to pay but also a VN bank account too. Are denied applications common for no good reason?

Planning to enter on  the 29th so I have some time but don't know what to do. Considering using the old form for 30 days. I'll check with my VN agent and ask if they do 90 days successfully. Might just go to Thailand for 2 weeks and back to Cambodia but i'm chewing up passport pages like crazy 1f625.svg

Well into September and it looks like people are still having issues with the new system. I have read over all the relevant threads I could find.So it's just downloading the approved eVisa PDF that's the issue? No known workaround? Are payments working properly? I have a visa card to pay but also a VN bank account too. Are denied applications common for no good reason?Planning to enter on  the 29th so I have some time but don't know what to do. Considering using the old form for 30 days. I'll check with my VN agent and ask if they do 90 days successfully. Might just go to Thailand for 2 weeks and back to Cambodia but i'm chewing up passport pages like crazy 1f625.svg-@Salensis

Salensis, the old/original application portal now also allows for applications of 90 days.

Reports from members using that old/original portal (Link) is that they are being approved and receiving their eVisa by email, and are also able to download their eVisa from that portal's search page.

Following some advice I found on Reddit, I was able to work around the 403 error by having an agent access the file for me. I joined the following facebook group and found many people that were offering this service. It cost $5 USD but I felt it was worth the peace of mind rather than worrying about if the issue will be fixed.

[link moderated]

Thanks,

Luke