Yet another E-Visa question - Full Name

Possible dumb question but searched and can't find an answer. E-Visa form asks for a Full Name (First name Middle name Last name).

However shown example shows name as shown in passport which is my Family/Last name first then my Given/First name second. Though example is Viet so convention is first name is family and and given name is last.

Anyhow so now I am totally confused. What is the correct order for an anglo name?

Given then Family name? or Family then Given name?

Possible dumb question but searched and can't find an answer. E-Visa form asks for a Full Name (First name Middle name Last name).
However shown example shows name as shown in passport which is my Family/Last name first then my Given/First name second. Though example is Viet so convention is first name is family and and given name is last.

Anyhow so now I am totally confused. What is the correct order for an anglo name?
Given then Family name? or Family then Given name?
-@Salensis

I recommend you read this thread https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=992789

Ok thanks. I read through and there is conflicting information.

It seems the correct order is Family then Given name. However Anglos using Given then Family name get approved anyhow because the the Department Immigration staff know our first & last names are reversed.

@Salensis

I've just received my second visa and I put in my First, Middle, and Last names, in that order, both times without issue.

Roger

There are pages of opinions on this subject here. I have successfully been issued 7 evisas by following what the application form asks for..... First, Middle, Last name......

When my evisa comes back the top line has my name as First, Middle, Last name.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … =3#5545377

There are pages of opinions on this subject here. I have successfully been issued 7 evisas by following what the application form asks for..... First, Middle, Last name......
When my evisa comes back the top line has my name as First, Middle, Last name.
-@pogiwayne

Now there's the thing Pogi.....looking at mine right now & it has Last name, First name, Middle name which beggars the question......does it really matter?? I have just returned from a long awaited trip to Europe via Doha & used it no problems. I did use my well respected & trusted agent to get it for me as I am a lazy git & an extra 15usd on top for ease of mind is not going to break my bank & I believe in sharing the wealth as the visa agents have come through a hard couple of years & the ones that have survived deserve my support.

.....looking at mine right now & it has Last name, First name, Middle name which beggars the question......does it really matter??
-@goodolboy

Agreed, and, I think it matters not.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 89#5539584

Thanks for the replies. I applied for my eVisa with my name as it appears on my passport. Which is Family name then Given name. I don't have any middle names. Will provide an update when I get a response.

Interestingly I checked the Vietnamese version of the form, which showed Họ tên (chữ in hoa). So translates to Name (capital letters). Which is interesting... also means Family name first.

Regardless I am certain that the department also accepts Anglo names in the order commonly used, as many have done. Mirror reverse of the name as shown on passport... Anything else probably won't pass.

Thanks for the replies. I applied for my eVisa with my name as it appears on my passport. Which is Family name then Given name. I don't have any middle names. Will provide an update when I get a response.
Interestingly I checked the Vietnamese version of the form, which showed Họ tên (chữ in hoa). So translates to Name (capital letters). Which is interesting... also means Family name first.

Regardless I am certain that the department also accepts Anglo names in the order commonly used, as many have done. Mirror reverse of the name as shown on passport... Anything else probably won't pass.
-@Salensis

Good post, Salensis. Thank you for that! Looking forward to your reporting your eVisa acceptance.

I looked for the VN version of the application to confirm my suspicions, but was unable to find it. When you have a moment, would you post a link to it please?

I'm not so sure though about your statement, "(m)irror reverse of the name...". They might object to a submission like ƆMƆH ni nɒbiA

(Sorry, I couldn't resist) :)

Slightly off subject but similar.

Paypal asked me for my bank account in VN to transfer funds. I gave them the order, First,Middle, Surname. Paypal sent me money using the VN system , the money was rejected. I argued for 6-months with them, even showed them my actual bank account and they said I had it wrong. All monies they tried to send to me were returned by my bank . Then, someone with a brain at Paypal acknowledge my name order as being correct.

@Aidan in HCMC

I looked for the VN version of the application to confirm my suspicions, but was unable to find it. When you have a moment, would you post a link to it please?

It's the translation option. Click Vietnam flag on top right of the page.

Anyhow, my eVisa was approved today.

@Aidan in HCMC

It's the translation option. Click Vietnam flag on top right of the page.

Anyhow, my eVisa was approved today.
-@Salensis

Arrrggghhh! Thank you.

:)  I am, admittedly, not the sharpest tool in the box.

And thank you for reporting back! It's confirmation that apparently either way works (so far, anyway).

If I do not have a SURNAME on my passport[Indian passport], what should I give in the Surname while applying for  Vietnam evisa?      -@LetsTravel0555

Hello LetsTravel0555, and welcome to expat.com.

This question has recently come up a couple of times. See here.

As neither of those members had responded, I'm unsure as to what advice I can give you.

I will ask you, as I had asked member AnkR, is it common for citizens of India to have only a single name?

I had read on a different website that people with only a single name were entering that name twice, while others had been entering in the "first name" information panel, "NFN" (No First Name), using their single name as the surname.

Please let us know how you navigate your way through this. We would very much appreciate it.