New members of the Slovenia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Hi all,

Newbie on the Slovenia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Slovenia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello this is Deepak Radadiya from Ahmedabad Gujarat india. I am sales and marketing field person. I am interested in job with both of field

Welcome radadiyad27 on the forum  :)

You can create your own job ad on Slovenia jobs page.

You can also find a lot of information on Living in Slovenia guide.

Cheers  :cheers:

Isabelle
Expat.com Team

Hi Everyone!
I'm coming (with my husband) to Slovenia in May for 3 months. I'm hoping to find an apartment on the coast.
Are any of you living in the coastal area?  I would appreciate any practical information you can offer.
@Julien hi thanks ,is my pleasure to be here

I'm chiadikobi Nathaniel Kenneth

I'm from Nigeria

I'm 26 years old

I'm a house painter..

I have heard about slovenia so much and am  madly in love with the country and the people in it ..
Hello chiadikobi81,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f603.svg

Is there a way we can help you?

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team
@Julien -

Hi, I'm Norbert and currently living in USA. California. My City is Alameda, just across the Bay from San Francisco. After 20 years in USA I found several reasons to go back to Europe, and No. 1 of this reasons are the cost of living here in the Bay Area. Of course I could move inside the United states, in cheaper and not so attractive states. As my family is still in Germany I looked a while around, actually I "googled" and found Slovenia on top of my private list. Of course I see some hurdles to get over, like the language. So maybe some connection to American or English speaking people could help with all the things to do in a foreign land.
I will start right now to find out, starting how to find accommodation, how to get a car, Insurances etc. Its a long list and I'm eager to work on it.
Will read anything what I find in the forum and I'm sure there comes a lot of questions, and I hope to get a lot of answers.
This should be it, for the start, thanks for everybody who has read my short introduction, there is more to follow!
Have a nice day, Norbert

Hi all,

So many great stories about Slovenia, its nature, culture and people, I heard, that I started actively exploring it the best I can from a distance.

I am an early Dutch retiree, free as a bird. Especially longing to enjoy the broad, multicultural music and arts in Ljubljana. As soon as I settle there, though, I plan to dedicate a full year first to learn the language and to build a bit of a social network.

Of course there is the challenge of arranging fitting housing, although realestate-slovenia.info provides a great flow of available properties, but the issue is finding a reliable agent and getting acquainted with the customs on e.g. energy and other services. For me, social security and healthcare legislation is most important.

Well, no need to rush. Just enjoy the ride.

Paul

Hello Paul,

Thanks for your lovely introduction!

You are right, learning the language when settling down is very important.

Do you plan to go there alone or are you going with your family?

You can check the Living in Slovenia guide for expats, you will find plenty of helpful info there.

If you have any information that can be helpful for future expats, do not hesitate to create new discussions on the Slovenia forum.

All the best,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hi Yoginee,

I'm going alone. Thanks for the reference to the guide!

Best wishes, lep pozdrav,

Paul

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1013143

Thanks!

Closed