How to apply EU Blue Card in Spain

Hi all !!
Do anyone know how to apply EU Blue card in Madrid?
I am from Vietnam. I got a job as developer here 10 months ago, my NIE has info "highly skilled". I read the requirements of EU Blue card and I have enough all the requirements but I dont know how to apply it in Madrid. :(

Ask the Spanish immigration authorities in Madrid.

Click on the following link, it will lead you to the site of the Seguridad Social where you can apply for.

https://bit.ly/3Eyc0RL

Once applied, you will receive it in 10 days. It has no cost. It will cover you for unplanned events within the EU when traveling

Here's the explanation of it's benefits:

https://bit.ly/3lEn8nK

Good luck!.

I think he means this one:

https://www.apply.eu/

Hi everybody! I'm from India, would like to get some basic information about Murcia like life cost, house rent, children school (both public and International) and etc. Right now i am waiting for approval to work in Murcia,  i signed my work agreement already, so how long it may take to get approval? Do i need to apply for a visa in India?
I'll pay around 2,100 euros gross per month, so how much would i expect to get after tax and social reduction as net salary (take home)? We are three (I, wife and 7 Yrs daughter).
I appreciate the replier.

I prefer this official EU Blue Card link (many of the others are commercial):
https://ec.europa.eu/immigration/blue-c … rmation_en

The EU "Blue Card" is a special residence permit for highly skilled (and highly paid) workers.

You need a job offer/contract, before you can apply for it. Plus, you need some relevant higher qualifications (I think BA/BSc)... and relevant industry experience (I think 3 years). Your salary must be 1.5x the country's minimum salary, which I'd guess is around 30k euros in Spain.

Not sure if you can apply for it personally, of if your employer has to do it.

After a certain period (I think 15 months) the Blue Card allows you to change employer and country, so it potentially provides a bit of EU mobility.

This is the Spain-specific version:
https://ec.europa.eu/immigration/blue-card/spain_en

The required Spanish salary minimum is 34,000 euros per annum.

For @Chihieu Le specifically, I'd be very surprised if your NIE said anything about "highly skilled". So I think you must be referring to another document (or perhaps your TIE) which includes your NIE.

(It's a very common confusion: NIE = Numero de Identidad de Extranjero, TIE = Tarjeta de Identidad de Extranjero.)

If you've already been working in Spain for almost a year, then you should, of course, already have some kind of work visa / residence permit.

So  my guess is that you're looking at your TIE. Which was issued on the basis of a Spanish highly skilled visa.

So (a) you don't need a Blue Card, and (b) not sure you could apply for it now anyway.

The typical path for you therefore would be to keep your Residence Permit (as it was probably issued for a year or 2 years) in good standing (either with your current or another employer in Spain) until you have spent 5 years here. Then you can qualify for permanent residence (an EU Long Term Resident's Residence Permit). This is almost as good as an EU passport as it lets you live in Spain indefinitely, and also relocate to another EU country to study or work.

For a Blue Card, you could get it by securing a job offer in another EU country, and getting them to apply for it. But normally the Blue Card is a way for highly skilled folks to get IN to the EU. You're already here and working and legally resident... so I don't think it's not worth it for you, and you should follow the advice above.

gwynj wrote:

For @Chihieu Le specifically, I'd be very surprised if your NIE said anything about "highly skilled". So I think you must be referring to another document (or perhaps your TIE) which includes your NIE.

(It's a very common confusion: NIE = Numero de Identidad de Extranjero, TIE = Tarjeta de Identidad de Extranjero.)

If you've already been working in Spain for almost a year, then you should, of course, already have some kind of work visa / residence permit.

So  my guess is that you're looking at your TIE. Which was issued on the basis of a Spanish highly skilled visa.

So (a) you don't need a Blue Card, and (b) not sure you could apply for it now anyway.

The typical path for you therefore would be to keep your Residence Permit (as it was probably issued for a year or 2 years) in good standing (either with your current or another employer in Spain) until you have spent 5 years here. Then you can qualify for permanent residence (an EU Long Term Resident's Residence Permit). This is almost as good as an EU passport as it lets you live in Spain indefinitely, and also relocate to another EU country to study or work.

For a Blue Card, you could get it by securing a job offer in another EU country, and getting them to apply for it. But normally the Blue Card is a way for highly skilled folks to get IN to the EU. You're already here and working and legally resident... so I don't think it's not worth it for you, and you should follow the advice above.

Thank you so so much for your reply, it is very detail for me.

For now, I need to work here for 5 years to get PR, it is also a good option I can think right now!!

I have 1 more question, if I have PR then my children can also have it, but is it allow my children live and study in another Schengen country?

I would assume that you applied for residence permits for your wife and children via "family reunification", and they are already here in Spain with you.  If not, that's what you should do.

This initial permit is the "temporary" residence permit. You must keep renewing (for you and your family) until you reach 5 years in Spain. After these 5 years you can renew again, but this time for "long term" (=PR) residence.

As a Spanish resident, with an EU PR, you and/or members of your family can relocate to another EU country, with minimal formalities (which should be the same as for EU citizens), to work or retire or study.

HOWEVER... I believe that for studying, specifically, this should also be possible with their temporary permit.

As EU residents, your children should be able to study in all of EU (not just Schengen) and should be eligible for the tuition costs applying to EU citizens/residents ("EU Fee Status"). I believe the rule for this is 3 years of the 5 years prior to application resident in the EU. Which means definitely with PR, but with temporary too, after 3 years in Spain.

So, for example, they might study for free in Germany (although most degree courses will be in German, of course). I believe Germany is more generous than the EU and extends German fees to all international students (so you would not have to wait 3 years). I think you'll find there are several EU countries which have free (or nearly-free) tuition, not just Germany.

Pre-Brexit, UK universities were very popular with EU students as most had English as their second language. Unfortunately, that option is no longer available. However, as a result, more EU universities now have some degree courses taught in English, so it should not be too hard to find something useful/interesting.

After some years in Spain, it would be natural to do a university degree in Spanish, which could be in Spain or Latin America. Spain has some very good universities, and the public ones (private are more expensive) have quite low fees (ballpark 1,000-2,000 euros per year, undergraduate).