Covid-19 Situation

How is the Covid situation in Honduras, lockdown, vaccines ect.

Pretty chill, no lockdown, and curfew supposedly starts at 10pm but we have not seen much restrictions about it.

Stop by at Spirit Animal Coffee in San Pedro Sula to hang out with fellow expats and have some of the best Honduran specialty coffee!

I was also wondering when the 90 day visa is up exiting and entering the country and covid test to enter.  is the test required to exit and re enter the country?

Hi Karl,

When you enter, the 90 days is stamped on your passport. After 90 there is a penalty. Some choose to pay the penalty because it is less than the cost to leave the country for 3 days.

Currently covid vaccination card is all that is necessary to enter Honduras. US still requires a negative test to get back in.

Test are very easy to get at many locations and usually cost about $24 usd.

Steve

So unvaccinated visitors cant enter Honduras?

Hello Karl,

You can probably still get in without vaccination. However if you get covid plan on staying there for a while. The infection rate is high in the Tegus and San Pedro, so if you are in that area you should be vaccinated. You should be vaccinated anyway.

Honduras is very good at containment in public. I have not been there for a month so I am not sure, but last month there was still a guard outside every store to take temperature, disinfect hands, and foot bath. Hondurans are much better at following the rules than 50% of Americans.

Your airline will tell you the requirements a week before the flight.

The embassy is only good for emergency changes. https://hn.usembassy.gov/news-events/

You will be required to precheck at this site before entering.
https://prechequeo.inm.gob.hn/

If  you want more info call. Too much typing.****

Steve

Moderated by Priscilla 2 years ago
Reason : please do not post personal contact details on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Where do Americans go for that quick 3 day turnaround?

Hello Karl,

As far as I know the only places you can't go is El Salvador and Guatemala.

Some pay the fine and do not leave. The fine is large for the first month and lower there after. I do not know the fine but most consider it is far less than a ticket and lodging to another country.

Steve

Why cant anyone go to Guatemala or El Salvador?

Hi Karl,

They are part of the Northern Triangle. Sort of like the United States of Central America.

Steve

Thx