SAPS Police Clearance Certificate

I going to Dubai for work purposes in a few weeks (covid playing nice that is ), and it's my first trip. So, I'll need to get a 90-day work visa as I'm going to be there for 2 months, was advised to get a multiple entry visa.

I digress, apparently you need also to apply for a Police Clearance Certificate?! Not that I have anything to hide or a criminal past.

But from what I read getting a PCC is a bit of a pain in the …. well behind!

Apparently you can use companies like https://www.policeclear.co.za/services/ … tificates/  to do it for you in 5 to 7 days? They charge R3,750 for this.

Does anyone have experience with these types of companies before? Sounds and looks legit, but just checking not a fan of having my personal info in someone's hands.

Any feedback welcome.

Moderated by Priscilla 2 years ago
Reason : inappropriate comment
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

No as far as I know there is no shortcut. Unless you use an immgration agent maybe. you may get it in 10 days. Otherwise POSTNET and you can wait up to 6 months.

But be very careful there alot of scam sharks out there.

Also ask the people you are getting a visa through for help in this matter

Get your finger prints done and don't leave them in a local police station but rather take them to Bothongo house which is SAPS in Pretoria for submission. They'll be processed in less than 2 weeks. You'll get your 1st sms to acknowledge receipt by the Department and the 2nd sms will advise that you go collect the results.

Hope it goes well for you... Advising you as an immigration consultant something I do all the time for inbound permits.

Im a Brit in Pretoria. I regularly go to my local SAPS to get this done. Recently needed one for Qatar.

SAPS take your cash, do your prints and take your papers to PTA SAPS.

Nobody can speed up the process and COVID has not helped.

But it is easy, you can do it yourself.

We avoid the SAPS in central PTA as security is a problem outside.

We also get couriers to deliver it to us.

Processing time is something you have to live with, sometimes it is fast, sometimes really slow.

I would not pay anyone to do this for me as it is surprisingly easy and efficient.

Small local SAPS are best,  as they have less of these to deal with.

Try Doc Assist. They're a VERY reputable Company: Trustworthy, efficient and AFFORDABLE. I've been using their services for years now!

Susara

Last week we applied for my wife's visa renewal at VFS. They charge R1350 for the process and R185 for  the Police Clearance.
Johann