Vehicle Registration yearly cost

Hello,

Can anyone please give me an idea of what the yearly cost for vehicle registration is? And if the car has not been on the road for a couple of years do they make you pay all the years regardless if it was out of service?

Thank you for any input,
Cindy

Hi,

Registration fees for passenger cars are basically dictated by the age of the vehicle.

Starts at new ` $500USD. Each year it decreases until at 5 years you will be paying less then $100.

Steve

Thats great information.  Where can I get the registration renewed in Roatan?

Hi Cindy,

I am only in Honduras half the year so I have been in a situation where I had to pay up for last year.

Many in Honduras do not have insurance. Most Smart Gringos will make sure they are covered. Top Gringo agent in Ceiba and Roatan is

Wildt, Kent   kentwildt@yahoo.com 9987-5955  insurance agent -  Speaks fluent English.

Hello ?? ( J ),

Most taxes and government related fees are paid at the bank to eliminate any corruption. For car registration you will take your old registration to the bank and they will tell you how much you owe. Make sure you take care of your registration receipt. Some police officers will question it if there is a coffee stain. Many of us have the copy plastic coated.

For property tax you will need to go to the city office to obtain a receipt for the amount you owe, then go to the bank to pay.

Steve

@steve hartman heard that it's supposed to drop however mine has been 3000 lps since 2012.  What am i missing?