COVID-19: Are you expats getting vaccinated?

Hello everyone!

I hope all is well on your side of the world.

Many countries around the world have started their vaccination campaigns since a few weeks.

Are you expats looking to get vaccinated too?

If not, why?

For those who would like to get vaccinated, how are you going to proceed? Is your host country providing vaccines for expats? Under what conditions?

Would you rather get vaccinated in your expat country, in your home country or elsewhere? Please state your reasons.

We would really love to hear from you. Kindly note that your testimonies will be published in an Expat Mag article.

Thanks in advance!

Warm regards,
Veedushi
Expat.com Editorial Team

Hello Veedushi,
Yes, here in Greece we are waiting to be vaccinated. Today, I took my father in law to be vaccinated. Applications are done electronically on the government page. Greece is vaccinating with the Pfizer vaccine the group of people 80 +. All our medical and health workers have been voluntarily vaccinated. The next group will be 60 + and then I think it will be 40 +. When you apply online, a message with your vaccination date, your second vaccination date and the centre closest to your home is sent to your Email. You then agree or disagree. The date is usually around 1 month from when you apply. The quicker everyone is vaccinated, the quicker this bloomin' pandemic will go away. At the moment only around 3.5% of the population have been vaccinated.

Here, I am registered for the vaccination. I am just waiting for the nod.

Smart minds are working on scenarios for whom to vaccinate in which order and how that affects the pandemic's course.
I believe that there are many others who should have higher priority than generally healthy middle aged men like me. So I will wait until my turn has come. But then I will get vaccinated.
A celebration is due when everyone is immune and life can get back to normal.

Yes had my  first dose in January and my second in a couple of weeks

Yes - I had mine in the UK at the end of January.

Interestingly - if you have had Covid and have Antibodies, which both me and my wife have since we had Covid back in early January - we aren't eligible for vaccinations for at least 3-months.  I am hearing rumblings that they move those that have had the virus back even further in the line - regardless of where you fit in normally.
Here in TN - they just opened up for 1B class - that's anyone over 65 as well as teachers.

jvr1330 wrote:

Here in TN

Tunisia?

Yes I will take the vaccine, here where I live the vaccine is free for expats that are permanent residences, it is a big deal here in Davao city they will have 17 places to receive the vaccine there will be approximately 42 front line workers at each place including a doctor in case of reaction, I live in the province and will get the vaccine there ,we have a medical center and a doctor and nurses will be there, the Barangy already has information on all residents, I had to have medical clearance and quarantine back in march, as I was out of the country for a while

beppi wrote:
jvr1330 wrote:

Here in TN

Tunisia?

Perhaps Tennessee?

Cynic wrote:
beppi wrote:
jvr1330 wrote:

Here in TN

Tunisia?

Perhaps Tennessee?

In that case it would be good to also mention the country, and not just a local abbreviation that isn‘t familiar to outsiders.

beppi wrote:
Cynic wrote:
beppi wrote:

Tunisia?

Perhaps Tennessee?

In that case it would be good to also mention the country, and not just a local abbreviation that isn‘t familiar to outsiders.

I agree, but many US citizens just assume we understand it, I know all my US cousins do, I gave up trying to educate them many years ago. :)

Yes last week i took my first vaccine Jab  :)

Tennessee - USA

NOOOOOO!! If I have to I move to Africa!

Bye bye! We don't need people who will put others at risk

Well, because I don't want to die a miserable death at 64, and because out of respect for others I don't want to risk spreading it, and because I'm not a fool driven by irrational fears, Absolutely!

No need bro

Find useful info to succeed in your expat project

OR