Looking for testimonies from digital nomads/freelancers

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all well.

We're looking to publish an article in our Expat Mag about the impact of the COVID-19 crisis on digital nomadism. We're therefore looking for testimonies of expat freelancers and digital nomads who would like to share their experience with us.

What was the impact of the COVID-19 crisis on your activity as a digital nomad/freelancer?

With the looming economic crisis, are you facing a drop in terms of assignments and remuneration?

Have you changed your mind about digital nomadism/freelance work?

What are your views about digital nomadism/freelance work in the post-COVID-19 era?

I look forward to hearing from you soon. Feel free to reply on this thread or by sending me a private message.

Have a great day ahead!

Warm regards,
Veedushi
Editorial Assistant, Expat.com

Some possible positive news.

https://en.tempo.co/read/1375364/luhut- … er-tourism

In a bid to encourage foreigners to spend foreign earned money on Bali, the Indonesian government are looking at allowing remote workers to live on the island legally.

Hi Fred,

Thank you for this precious information. I'll have a look.

Have a great day ahead!

Best,
Veedushi

Hi,

I have been a digital nomad, you could say, since 1996 when I entered cyberspace, independent and self-employed, with no home office, as a counselor, and remain in the space today. For the most part, I have been moving around the US, lived in all five regions as in NE, SE, MW, PNW, and Arizona. I had planned to leave the US in 2006, but shortly thereafter I entered into a health saga that ended in transplant and removal of a cancerous liver. Now, fully pearched and ready to go, I am headed to Denmark, depending on travel/Covid, in December/January.

All of my business is done by online banking including all income and payments I make. I have referred to myself as an Expat living in my home country for some time, and I have felt that way as I have nearly zero attachment to much going on here.

The only impact covid has had on me aside from travel, which I do a lot of toting myself around doing sessions from all over the place, virtually and internationally, and even more time alone as I do not go into places with very many people.

I have not had to ask for a day off, been late for work, or seek approval aside from my certifications, in almost 30 years. Many everyday workers are experiencing this, or did recently, for the first time. I hope they breathe that in and remember how good freedom tastes, and not the kind they talk about on TV. Real freedom, where every choice, every day, is your own.

Now, fully recovered from that health saga of nearly a decade, it is a global health saga that keeps this expat living in his homeland from leaving that land, possible, preferably, for good.

So, to sum up the answers to all, digital nomadism is a choice, it is certainly a viabable option for people who trust themselves first and foremost, and it will continue to be my path as I head into my mid-50s this year.

Hi WindandRaven,

Thanks for your reply. We shall use your testimony in our article.

I'll let you know when it's online.

Have a great weekend!

Warm regards,
Veedushi

Find useful info to succeed in your expat project

OR