CRPEP application - Engineer license application 2020

I would like to ask the opinion of the expat community here in Bahrain especially with Engineering profession or professions that require CRPEP license.

Scenario is like this:

1. Employer applied for CRPEP license.
2. Submitted all complete requirements based on the CRPEP application form.
3. Afterwards, application was REJECTED due to insufficient years of experience outside Bahrain (based on them, they require 5 years)

Now my questions would be:

1. Even though I have acquired a Bachelor's Degree (and currently taking Masters), I would not be able to get an ENGINEER license?
2. Are the other requirements not enough to prove that you can be given an ENGINEER license? (e.g. diploma, degree, TOR, local license, etc.)

Thank you for those who will answer and share their experience.

Hi! May I ask how long did you wait for the approval of crpep? AND what will happen if it is rejected?

Normally, it would take 1-2 weeks only. Mine has been rejected due to "for not having sufficient experience outside Bahrain"

If it is rejected, there's no chance to apply anymore up until you comply with the said above requirement. (which I think is totally unfair)

May I ask how many years is your total working experience both from your home country and here in Bahrain?

As stated in CRPEP guidelines, you should have  practiced the engineering profession at least 5 years after studying. They didn't mentioned about the location in practicing the profession.

Hi
Good day

I am not an engineer
I am a sales professional
I have 23 years of rich experience from gulf and India

Thank u for ur time and consideration
Regards
Zaki

Hi,

I have a total of 9+ experience. 4 years and 3 months in the Philippines and 5 years here in Bahrain.

True, it is not mentioned in the CRPEP Law. However, once the company apply you, the council will mention "should have 5 years experience outside Bahrain". And your job title should be "ENGINEER" which is unfair and illogical.

May I know what is your job title in your working experience in both Philippines and Bahrain. If it's not engineer, maybe they based it in that position that's why they rejected your application.

My position/title in the Philippines were Civil Engineer/Project Engineer/Project in Charge.

Here in Bahrain, the position I had were Civil Inspector/Senior Inspector/QC Inspector.

Is an inspector not an engineer? There might be differences in responsibilities or function. Regardless of the position as long as you are practicing engineering, I think it must be given to those who are practicing.

Please read below based on the CRPEP law,

"Practice of Professional Engineering” The practice in any engineering profession. This includes the preparation of architectural and constructional drawings, diagrams and designs; deliver of advices and conducting surveys; conducting feasibility studies, researches and inspections; setting specifications; supervising performance, maintenance and operation; estimating costs, computing quantities; and implementing and managing architectural projects.

Oww I think your employer needs to change your position before they applied you in CRPEP.

And also I think they are really strict here because there is no exams and interviews that's why they based only on experiences with engr title. However, they should look more on the job description also because inspectors can be engineers too.

Again, regardless of the position as long as compliant based on their law who are practicing engineering. They clearly mentioned this during the webinar since last 2 months.

The Council should have at least an equivalency to qualify as well based on education, certification and experience. (Other countries like UK, USA, Australia, NZ etc. have options like this)

For example: Chartered Engineer, PMP, Masteral, PHD - the Council should take a look on this and then make an assessment.

Hello everyone

I just want to know we can apply for license with a bachelor degree in distance education..... will they accept that......

How many years out side bahrain experience is mandatory (required) for masters degree holders in Engineering.

@GuestPoster in your case you can go back Philippines and work there for 7 months and come back in Bahrain so, your total experience it will be 5 years and gape are counted.

how he can complete his 5 years experience out of bahrain upon going back to Philippines and working for next 7 month?
i am also victim of this new regulation, i have 3.8 years of experience out of bahrain, and now i completed 7. 4 years in bahrain, but they rejected by giving same explanations,
this is totally unfair and injustice,
they can take written exam with basics of that engineering and based on experience,  if that person qualify then they can issue CRPEP licence.
here in bahrain, there are many people siting outside of bahrain , and taking loyalty of their CRPEP card.
they are not considering the experience of thos who worked in their own country's standard, regulations, but they are considering outsiders,

zeeshanarzoo wrote:

how he can complete his 5 years experience out of bahrain upon going back to Philippines and working for next 7 month?
i am also victim of this new regulation, i have 3.8 years of experience out of bahrain, and now i completed 7. 4 years in bahrain, but they rejected by giving same explanations,
this is totally unfair and injustice,
they can take written exam with basics of that engineering and based on experience,  if that person qualify then they can issue CRPEP licence.
here in bahrain, there are many people siting outside of bahrain , and taking loyalty of their CRPEP card.
they are not considering the experience of thos who worked in their own country's standard, regulations, but they are considering outsiders,

Please note that as per CRPEP no one is authorized to practise engineering in Bahrain without a CRPEP License. The Eligibility for ex-pats is that they should have work experience of exactly 60 months in the engineering profession outside bahrain. Any experience gained inside Bahrain will not count as an engineer because technically you are allowed to practise the engineering profession without a license and for the license, you require 5-year experience outside Bahrain.

According to the new rule all new and renewals must complete the dataflow for the educational qualification. This is just to ensure that the educational qualifications are valid and genuine. This process also has service fees.

In the future, they can add any more conditions. So if anyone needs the CRPEP License make sure they have 5 years of experience outside Bahrain as an engineer. If they are short of 5 years, go back to home or another country to make it as 5 years of experience come back and then reapply.

I hope everyone is clear.

I have a 5 years experience from India in civil engineering field. And I got a consultant call from Bahrain in which they said 350BHD salary as I don't have CRPEP licence. So, how can I apply that licence or how much can I expect a salary for 5 years experience.

Hi!

Has anyone here been in the situation of applying for a CRPEP license from abroad before moving to Bahrain? Is it possible to get a license from a European country before coming to Bahrain, or do you have to be physically in Bahrain to get the license? My education and experience are sufficient to fulfil the requirements stated in the law.

Hello Totovære,

Welcome to expat.com!

You have unfortunately posted on a discussion that's been inactive for a while.

In case you don't find any answer here, do not hesitate to start your own thread on the Bahrain forum.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Yoginee

Thanks! I will move there and write a post.

Hey Totovære,

Do not hesitate to contact us if you need any help.1f609.svg

Best of luck,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

I would like to ask the opinion of the expat community here in Bahrain especially with Engineering profession or professions that require CRPEP license.

I am a Civil Engineer and i have 6 and half year's of experience as a civil engineer in pakistan now am in Bahrain on CR work permit for one year. Can i apply for CRPEP licence?