Getting your hair done in Nairobi,Kenya

In this post I will be taking both our brown skinned and our Muzungu friends into consideration. *Mzungu in East Africa means white person. Here is my top 5! ( this is based purely on my own experience and my partner's).

Ashley's Salon| Located 2nd floor Westgate mall, Westlands| for men and women| $$

They do it all here! Hair cuts for men and women with all hair types. They have some pretty talented hair braiders and dreadlocks experts. You can also squeeze in a manicure and pedicure. Payment options: Mpesa, cash and card. You can try your luck with walking into this place, always best to book though.

Serenity Spa| Located in Gigiri| for men and women| $$$

They do it all here! Hair cuts for men and women with all hair types. You can also squeeze in a manicure and pedicure. If you want to pamper yourself then this is also the place for you. They have the best masseuses and masseurs in town. They also do other beauty treatments including waxes and facials. Super professional! Payment options: Mpesa, cash and card. They are super popular so make sure you book.

Salon Narcisse | Located 2nd floor Sarit center Westlands| for men and women| $$

They do it all here! Hair cuts for men and women with all hair types. You can also squeeze in a manicure and pedicure. They have some pretty talented hair braiders. Our favorite thing is they give you a 5 minute complimentary shoulder massage after getting your hair washed. Payment options: Mpesa, cash and card. You can try your luck with walking into this place, always best to book though.

Salon Malibu| Located Village Market | for men and women| $$$$

Hair cuts for men and women with all hair types. They have some pretty talented hairstylists so if you are looking to make some major changes when it comes to your mane then you want to check them out. They do a lot of Caucasian hair here. Payment options: Mpesa, cash and card. They are super popular so make sure you book.

Beauty Quest | Located 2nd floor Sarit center Westlands|  for men and women| $$

Pamper yourself in this super intimate hideaway. Ladies you can get a hair wash and styling here and you must squeeze in a manicure and pedicure. They also do other beauty treatments so you can kill a few birds with one stone here. Payment options: Mpesa, cash and card. You can try your luck with walking into this place, always best to book though.