Applying for citizenship by birth

Hi Everybody,

I was born in Walvis Bay in 1975. My parents were also both born in Namibia (then Soutwest Africa) in Windhoek and Keetmanshoop respectively.

We moved to South Africa when I was quite young and have been living here since.

Would I be able to obtain my Namibian citizenship? And then after that citizenship for my two young children?

What would the process be?

We currently live in Cape Town and I was told that I would have to travel to Namibia to get the application done?

Welcome to the forum

Try a Google search for Namibian citizenship by birth. I did a quick search and there is information to be found there.
I would think you will need birth certificates for your parents and yourself so you may have to travel there.
Perhaps other members will come forward too.

Hi, Have you found a solution to your inquiry?
Let me know, I may be able to help.

What does your birth certificate say South Africa or South West Africa. That will be the first point.

@MarizaS

Hi Mariza,

I've been scanning the internet reading forums.

Your letter is exactly the same position that I am in.

I was born in Keetmanshoop in 1974, then moved to SA soon thereafter.

Currently residing in Australia.

I was wondering if you made any progress regarding obtaining citizenship in Nam?

Any tips for me? Who I can maybe get in contact with?

My birth certificate shows Keetmanshoop.

Hope to hear back from you

Derik Swart

Helloderikswart,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f642.svg

The last time MarizaS visited this forum was 3 years ago. I honestly doubt that you will get any feedback from her.

I advise you to start your own thread on the Namibia forum in order to be able to tell us more about your situation and ask your questions.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team