Planning to visit El Jadida shortly.
REGARDS

Hi nellissery!

Welcome on Expat.com :)

Armand

Thats great, drop me a message when you arrive
Cheers

Thanks, Armand.

SK, I shall definitely let your know once my plans are ready. As I will be coming there on an assignment, I may have to stay in El Jadida for some time.  Help from people like you, who are there already, will enable me to have an easy settling-in. Are there many Indians?  Am a vegetarian and can manage a little bit of cooking (for surviving).  Indian pulses (Tuvur Dal, Moong Dal etc)are available in the Supermarkets?

Regards

you have met the right person ;)
well i am pure vegetarian and i had lot of difficulties initially. u can only eat pizza outside. it will be great if u learn cooking before coming.
all kinds of fruits and vegetables are available here and also the flour to make chapati. but u need masalas and pulses. except haldi, red chilli powder and jeera, u will not get any indian spice here. Also, in daal u will only get black masoor, rest u have to bring from india. stuff like besan,pulses,hing, garam masala, indian tea, pickle etc u have to bring. Let me know for how many days u r coming and i can give u more details. There is a indian restaurant in nearby casablanca but  u can go only weekends.

Dear SK,
Many Thanks for the good posts.
I may come over to El Jadida in a few weeks time, if everything goes well.
Just one more information, please!  How much does a 2 Bed Room apartment or Villa costs per month if taken for a long period like one year (furnished as well as unfurnished)in a good & safe locality?
REGARDS

well it should cost you upto 3000 dhms, it varies with location..generally houses are furnished

Thanks, SK.  I have requested my prospective employer to arrange accomodation.

Just another query - Which international banks are there in El Jadida?  I would be very much interested in any bank having a branch in UAE as well.

Hoping to meet you next month,

Cheers

well i dont really hav idea abt banks but i see banks here like BMCI, wafaa etc...not seen anything like HSBC here....bytheway, which job you  are coming for and for how much time...drop me a message

BNP Paribas is here if its gud for u

Once again Thanks, SK.

BNP Paribas has ATMs only or Brach also is there in El Jadida?  I shall let you know about my Company and other details shortly -just waiting  for contract signing.

REGARDS

well BMCI is subsidiary of BNP Paribas and it has several branches here but be careful..morocco has very strict norms for sending money out...as faf as i know, its 40,000 dhms that too just in 2 times.

You mean there is a strict upper limit of 40,000 Dirhams (is it per month or per year?) that can be sent out by expatriates out of their savings?  In the Middle East, an expat can send money home without any limit, out of his savings.

REGARDS

per year, 40000 dhms

Hi ,
I planned to visit El Jadida next weekend (sidi bouzid).
REGARDS

thts good, if i m in jadida this weekend, we can meet 4 a coffee...cheers

Yes Shahrukh..! I am from el jadida

great, what u r doing and where u live?

Happy to see one more fellow country man in El Jadida.

REGARDS

I work with pharma company. There are 20 Indians working since 4 to 5 years. One from 7 years. We stay near University

Hey Guys...

I am an Indian but currently living in UK for last few years..Well..I am planning to move to Morocco more specifically CAsablanca..

And am here, trying to find some contacts and help in finding me a job there(possible in CAsablanca) as I want to move to Morocco DESPERADO...

Do reply guys and thanks
Immu

(moderated: off topic)