Project Investments and Work

Hi,

I would appreciate some advice, concerning investments in Mozambique.

The problem is that I would like to invest in a business venture in Mozambique, but reading the regulations (from 2015). I can not work in the country, although I would be the main investor. I also possess the skills and have the required licenses to do the work, but I can not perform the work and not even train others to do the work. This is due to the fact that the business is small with less than 10 employees. I am in a catch 22 situation. Also, I noticed a strange thing about taxation. If the company is loosing money, which it will the first 2 years , then we would still need to pay a minimum tax linked to the turnover. This would obviously be quite large, as the initial investments are always larger.

Has some regulations changed in Mozambique since 2015 or are the old ones still valid ?

Hi Kean

I am searching for the same information you are asking for. I was in Mozambique in february, but I have just seen your post.
Let's share info if we find it
Best,

Some regulations are becoming better. And a lot of projects will be coming very soon